Travel Center Maintenance Technician(Retail Environmental Service Specialist)
Mr. Gas (a division of Lynch Oil) has been serving customers throughout Southern Idaho for nearly 100 years. We take pride in the fast-paced, fun nature of our convenience stores, serving our customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you are dependable, like working on your feet, are good at following directions and thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, then you're exactly the type of person we're looking to add to our team!
About the job:
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
- Cleans retail spaces, hallways, restrooms, shower rooms, and outdoor spaces including gas/diesel pump areas.
- Sweep, dust, remove debris, clean spills, and mop floors throughout the store.
- Regularly check the trash receptacles, emptying as needed, in all areas of the site.
- Clean windows and mirrored surfaces.
- Use cleaning products as needed in a manner consistent with labels and environmental regulations.
- Complete sweep logs, as directed.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate equipment including power washers, lawn mowers, trimmers and edgers to maintain outdoor areas.
- Report work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor daily.
- Basic technical maintenance and troubleshooting.
The Retail Environmental Service Specialist is responsible for keep our facilities well-maintained for our guests. This person should be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision, with the quality and customer service expected at Mr. Gas.Our ideal candidate would have:
- Previous experience and/or working knowledge of travel center maintenance
- Work History which demonstrates dependability and commitment to the team.
- Proficient with following instructions and maintenance protocols
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact with different personnel from hourly team members, customers, vendors, and corporate representatives
- Ability to work a regular schedule (including weekends & holidays) with ability to be flexible when circumstances require schedule adaptations.
- Some basic mechanical and/or electrical knowledge for servicing equipment
As a Retail Environmental Service Specialist, you must be able and willing to follow all company policies and safety practices to ensure a safe and pleasant environment for our guests and staff. Must be 18 years of age and have a clean criminal background. Our maintenance team members must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with regularity and up to 100 lbs. on occasion, and be physically able to stand during the entire work shift. Must able to climb and balance on a step stool or ladder, and stoop, kneel, bend, and rotate on a repeated basis. Satisfactory completion of pre-employment screening, including drug testing and background check, is required. Random drug testing during your employment may also be conducted.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 582789503Posted: 2020-10-28