Jacobs is seeking a Senior Field Engineer in support of the Electronics Proving Ground (EPG) Contract at Ft. Huachuca, AZ.
Assists in the development and maintenance of network communications. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Qualifications :Education and Experience:
- Typically has a AA degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited College or University and 4+ years of progressive, relevant experience.
- Must hold a current DoD Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Must have Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking
- Must have knowledge of Test and Evaluation processes and equipment as it pertains to communications/network testing
- Must possess a minimum at least one the following Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level 2 qualifying certifications (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
Essential FunctionsWork Environment
- Prior experience at one of the Department of Defense's testing laboratories
- Familiar with the Army RMF Process
- Prior experience at one of the Army Test & Evaluation Command's Proving Grounds
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively with other departments within and outside the organization
- Prior experience with cyber security
- Prior experience configuring and managing Cisco IOS network devices (switches, firewalls, routers)
- Prior experience building, configuring, hardening, and managing Microsoft Windows Server and updates (Active Directory, IIS, WSUS, File Shares, User Accounts and Permissions)
- Familiarity with Linux/UNIX operating system and Server environment.
- Experience working with virtual machines
- Familiarity in data analysis and visualization
- Familiarity with tactical network protocols
- Experience with network monitoring tools
- Qualifying Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level 3 certification (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP or Associate, GCED, GCIH)
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers, customer, and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Work site is located in Ft. Huachuca, AZ. Physical Requirements
Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, or up to 5 lbs. of force constantly to move objects. Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required. Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.Attendance
Regular hours will be between Monday- Friday, 7:00 am- 4:00 pm. This work is on a 9/80 work schedule. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements. Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion. Must pass drug screen.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.