Responsible for promoting and selling Pace Analytical services within an assigned territories of Southern California, leveraging relationships and ensuring customer retention.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
1. Increases Market Share through new business growth and increases Wallet Share of existing customers in assigned territory.
2. Visits customer establishments to evaluate needs or to promote services as needed.
3. Maintains customer records using automated systems.
4. Negotiates prices or terms of sales or service agreements; quotes prices, credit terms or other bid specifications.
5. Contacts new or existing customer to discuss how specific products/services can meet their needs
6. Provides intermediate to complex analysis, interpretation and counsel to customers, staff, management, and functional leaders regarding sales policies, programs and practices.
7. Provides guidance and develops recommendations on product/service features based and analyses of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of capabilities and limitations to meet customer requirements.
8. Assists with receiving customer feedback and coordinating resources and responses as required.
9. Analyzes and reviews operations, results, feedback and related sales information on an ongoing to as needed basis to determine trends, draw conclusions, interpret findings, and presents results, proposals and recommendations to customers or management.
10. Ensures the accuracy of intermediate to complex sales and operational databases, reports, and related details through audits, queries, and operational reviews; works with teams to resolve discrepancies.
11. Assists with developing sales or cross-functional project or program objectives, which includes proposed budgets, timelines, materials, personnel, and other project requirements, receives direction and presents information to management; may develop and manage areas that are moderate in scope or impact.
12. Interprets and applies department policies and procedures and assists with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; receives guidance within these areas as needed.
13. Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
14. Promotes and supports the overall mission of Pace Analytical by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with customers and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in business, chemistry, a life science, operations, or a closely related field; AND two (2) years of customer support experience, including experience with complex programs or operations; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
Required Knowledge and Skills
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 10 pounds; vision to
read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in an office setting. Work is subject to travel.