CULVER'SJOB DESCRIPTIONASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Reports to General Manager JOB SUMMARY
Assists the general manager to develop maximum sales volume and profit margin. Develops managers and team members to ensure every guest who chooses Culver's leaves happy.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assists general manager to increase sales and net profit of the business.
- Meets annual budget while ensuring the mission is attained.
- Prepares and reviews daily summary report.
- Prepares and reviews weekly operations report.
- Prepares the team schedule with Radiant and daily deployment sheets based on forecasts and labor budget.
- Consistently ensures proper portion control for all menu items.
- Ensures training and demonstration of food safety using Culver's Food Safety Plan.
- Routinely monitors and coaches team on safety best practices related to the Culver's hazard communication program and workplace safety.
- Recruits, hires and terminates team members.
- Provides ongoing training, development and coaching to efficiently lead team.
- Provides ongoing development of managers.
- Performs quarterly performance appraisals of team members.**
- Assists general manager with four team meetings per year to develop team and ensure consistency in system standards of quality and guest service are maintained.
- Ensures consistent uniform and appearance standards of team members.
- Ensures team education concerning current marketing and public relations information.
- Consistently maintains excellence in guest relations including follow up on guest comment cards promptly and effectively.
- Effectively runs shifts to ensure quality product and prompt guest service.
- Consistently ensures guests receive quality products in five minutes or less for in house orders and four minutes or less for drive thru orders.
- Ensures equipment is effectively maintained and repaired.
- Ensures proper follow up of visitation and full field reports, including but not limited to cleanliness, hospitality, and ground appearance.
- Performs daily morning, afternoon and evening restaurant tours.
- Demonstrates positive and effective role modeling for all team members through appearance and attitude.
- Checks e-mail and extranet twice during each shift and responds as necessary.
- Follows up with Training Coordinator regarding training and implementation of new products and procedures to team members.
- Supervises the accurate completion of food inventory order using projections based on current restaurant sales.
- Ensures accurate completion of the Quality Control/Safe Food Checklist and Product Rotation Reports.
- Review food cost variance report in Radiant to determine appropriate waste dollars and where improvements can be made.
- Reviews daily deployment sheet and adjusts to ensure team efficiency while maintaining labor costs.
- Ensures active and ongoing community partnerships.
- EDUCATION: College graduate with a degree in hotel and restaurant management or equivalent experience. Certified from a national food safety program.
- EXPERIENCE: Three years experience in a supervisory position. Certified in-store trainer in all areas.
- CHARACTERISTICS: Have the ability to effectively organize work, communicate well and be management oriented. This person should be knowledgeable in all aspects of business and show good judgment. Must be a self-starter and able to adjust to new ideas. Demonstrates an energetic, positive attitude that is contagious.
- COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with person's qualifications and will reflect present market for a position of similar responsibilities.
MANAGEMENT LEADERSHIP SUCCESS FACTORS
- Stand Constantly
- Walk Constantly
- Sit Occasionally
- Handling Constantly
- Lift / carry 10 lbs or less Constantly
- Lift / carry 11-20 lbs Constantly
- Lift / carry 21-50 lbs Frequently
- Lift / carry 51-100 lbs Occasionally
- COMMUNICATION: Verbal, written, presentations to others; communication up - same level - direct reports; inclusive, honest, direct, timely; clear, concise; confronts the brutal facts; delivers ideas for solutions with problems.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT: Taking initiative, supportive of change; reacts quickly and appropriate; sets a good example as a role model in accepting change, executing change initiatives and following through to insure changes are effective.
- DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING: Uses judgment, common sense and sensitivity in addressing issues; gathers appropriate information and seeks input from cross functional team members; collaborates with others to insure that decisions are made with consideration for impact on others; makes timely and fair decisions; able to make tough decisions when necessary.
- INNOVATION, CREATIVITY & VISION: Seeks new ways to improve efficiency, effectiveness, quality; achieves extra-ordinary results with ordinary resources.
- PLANNING (short and long term): Organized and able to establish priorities, required resources; delivers the desired results; manages multiple deadlines and priorities; insures that planning involves cross-functional team members to assess impact of deadlines and utilization of resources.
- ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Builds effective relationships with both external (guests and vendors) and internal (team members) stakeholders, and between levels, teams and across functions. Supports and cooperates with other teams, negotiates and has the ability to influence others.
- BUILDS AND SUSTAINS A HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAM: Selects the right people for the right job. Develops team members, provides training and development to support their success; empowers team members to make decisions while minimizing risks; provides measurable feedback in a timely manner; retains valuable talent and builds the effectiveness of the team as a whole. Plays like a champion
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Walks the talk. Delivers results on time and at the quality level promised.
Posting ID: 548782625Posted: 2020-08-07