Business Development Lead - Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO) - SAL021116
The Business Development Lead - Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO) is responsible for targeting, negotiating and onboarding key GPO organizations that will drive both customer acquisition and retention. They will have experience and a deep understanding of the requirements of each GPO and will direct work efforts across a multitude of internal cross functional groups at USCC in order to facilitate an agreement with the respective GPO. They will manage all aspects of the agreement to include the sales strategy and execution to market to their existing members about USCC and the full product and services sales portfolio offered. This role will be responsible for lead generation for the direct sales team and overall partnership and management of the GPO.
- Establish a targeted list of GPO's to target and develop a partnership based on industry segments and verticals such as NASPO, NPP.gov, HealthTrust.
- Lead all efforts in an any related RFP's, negotiations, and onboarding of the group purchasing organization
- Co-develop marketing strategies including lead generation and events with the GPO, if applicable
- Manage the overall relationship of each GPO and report results and KPI's tied to each partnership.
- Partner with the different internal sales channels to effectively maximize the GPO partnership to sell the full USCC wireless and IOT products and services.
- Establish trust and build effective business relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders in order to execute the agreements and ensure compliance for these long-term GPO partnerships.
- Lead supplier selection and recommendation activities including qualitative and quantitative analysis, selection criteria, RFI and RFP development and analysis.
- Maintain external / marketplace awareness, related to trends within responsibility scope.
- 5 -7 years of relevant work experience in sales, working at a group purchasing organization or prior experiencing working and managing GPO's.
- Proven track record of leading and developing teams with diverse skill sets in an ever-changing work environment.
- Strong communication (written/oral) and interpersonal skills required, including to upper level management audience is essential.
- Ability to successfully lead across organizational boundaries, including strong relationship and communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of purchasing/procurement processes.
- Proficient knowledge in the use and application of MS Office tools (Visio, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Proven project management and analytical skills required.
- Business Requirements development and documentation experience required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Job
: Sales Business Solutions Location(s)
: Illinois-CHICAGO_IL Virginia, Nebraska, West Virginia, Maine, Tennessee, Washington, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Iowa, Oregon
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
Posting ID: 580684032Posted: 2020-10-24