At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Senior Correctional Officer who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
- CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release.
- Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Senior Correctional Officer assists in the supervision of the administrative and operational security activities in a correctional facility. They directly supervises Correctional Officers assigned to the shift. They also provide for the protection of each inmate/resident and the preservation of each inmate's/ resident's legal rights.
- Provide general supervision of Correctional Officers and inmates/residents on the shift in the performance of their duties and evaluate as prescribed by the facility and corporate policy.
- Conduct inspections of all housing and general use areas to ensure that proper standards, facility operating procedures and corporate guidelines of security, health, safety, sanitation and welfare are maintained; direct staff and inmate/resident resources to correct problems detected.
- Assist in supervising the internal and external security of the facility; routinely inspect posts to observe alertness of personnel and to confirm security is properly maintained at all times.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Two years experience in a criminal justice field, which preferably includes one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Additional education may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Completion of basic pre-service officer training and, where applicable, be a non-commissioned security officer licensed by the state of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE- M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Posting ID: 583480684Posted: 2020-10-31