Company Overview: Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital
. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five bed community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center. Our Award Winning Hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the country.This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, fully furnished temporary housing for up to 90 days to assist with relocation (if needed), generous relocation bonus, excellent benefits package, 40 hours/week (Mon-Fri), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and much more.Job Overview:
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, this employee provides medical/nursing assistance under the direction of physician, physician assistant or nursing staff in the Ophthalmology Clinic and/or the ENT Clinic within their certified capabilities. Duties include facilitating clinic operations including clinic preparation, performing eye testing, maintaining clinic flow, cleaning exam rooms between patients and cleaning dirty instruments according to policy. Accurate completion and documentation of RN/MA clinic note including vital signs, chief complaint and assessment as appropriate. Assist MD with procedures, surgical scheduling and diagnostics scheduling. Provide patient education as appropriate and complete the patient discharge process at the end of each visit. Answer patient phone calls and prescription refill requests in a timely manner. Communicate and coordinate information in a knowledgeable and courteous manner with patients, families, and staff. Assure patient safety and maintain confidentiality with patients, family members, and staff. Enter applicable charges each day and assure the patient record is complete. The Ophthalmic Technician practices exceptional customer service and professionalism in all aspects of this role.Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications & Certification Requirements:
- Fully competent in the ophthalmic technician role. Perform eye testing accurately and maintain competency in current techniques and technology for eye testing.
- Assist MD, PA and RN as needed with patient care including vital signs, meeting basic needs of patient, and conduct diagnostic tests as ordered by the providers. Notify MD, PA or RN of change in patient condition.
- Record pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital policy. Ensure accurate documentation including completion of all required forms, sign, date, time, and legibility of all documentation, scan documents as needed. Provide follow up for any questions or concerns. Return phone calls in a timely manner. In the Ophthalmology/ENT Clinics, documentation includes the face sheet, medication reconciliation, RN/MA clinic note, medication refill form, samples documentation, patient education, and visit/discharge summary.
- Review the clinic schedule with the MD prior to the start of each clinic and take ownership and know details about each day's schedule by reviewing the EMR prior to each clinic, anticipate potential conflicts so can be resolved early in the day or preferably the prior day, be aware of any recent cancellations/add-ons, clinic procedures, ensure pre-certs are done if/as needed in coordination with assistant staff members, make sure necessary information from referring MD/OD is available for all appointments.
- Demonstrate competency in all aspects of patient care including: initial assessment of the patient and assisting the Otolaryngologist/Ophthalmologist as needed with clinic visits; obtaining an interpreter as needed; patient education; triaging of phone calls; and follow up patient care management including scheduling.
- Perform all ophthalmic special studies, (VF, OCT, Lenstar, Keratometry); responsible for assisting the front desk in scheduling to make sure date, time, length of appointment is appropriate.
- And much more.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an Ophthalmic Technician required
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) required upon hire
- Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) required (within 1 year of hire)
*Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant experience. Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position, which includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point (12 or more years).
Minimum = $23.41/hr
Mid-Point = $30.44/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off, Health Insurance within your first 30 days, Retirement, and much more can be viewed here.
Op Tech. Ophthalmologist Technologist, Ophthalmic Assistant, Ophthalmic Tech, Ophthalmic Technologist, Ophthalmology Tech, Ophthalmology Technologist, Ophthalmology Technician, COT, Certified Ophthalmology Tech, Eye Clinic