We are currently recruiting for a Reporting Associate to join Covance for our office-based position in Somerset. This is an exciting opportunity that will offer you the chance to become part of an exceptionally talented staff community that helps to bring the miracle of medicine to the market sooner.
The Reporting Associate is responsible for generating data tables, drafting scientific reports, maintaining professional relationships with clients, communicating with internal staff, and working independently on projects. The ideal candidate will possess skills in time management, organization, and project management. As a Reporting Associate, you will utilize your scientific knowledge while working independently to deliver signature client service to our customers.
The Reporting Associate learns and performs the duties of drafting and finalizing nonclinical scientific study reports and completes the following duties with limited supervision.
By joining us you can make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world.
Responsibilities and duties
- Learns to and conducts direct contact with clients
- Learns to prepare form letters and communication text
- Shadows experienced reporting associates and joins other client-facing staff (e.g., study director) to learn to organize client site visits and client conference calls
- Learns to and uses software tools to efficiently and accurately complete job duties. Types of software include word processing, spreadsheet, table generation, collaboration/sharing, and database applications
- Following training, manages a full study workload with complex study designs by adhering to report preparation schedules and prioritizing tasks. Identifies and resolves changes to established study schedules to ensure client deliverables are met.
- Following training, begins to learn leadership within the reporting solutions group on activities such as performing peer reviews, preparing and delivering presentation, participating in staff meetings a, participating in process improvement projects, and/or liaising with cross-site staff.
- Following training, may provide training and mentoring to new reporting associate staff members
- Learns to and prepares the study report using details described in the protocol, protocol amendments, and study communications and Covance or client-specific requirements
- Learns to and incorporates contributions (e.g., protocol, protocol amendments, certificates of analysis, contributor reports) into the draft report
- Learns to and prints, binds, and mails draft and final study documents
- Learns to and addresses quality assurance inspection items on GLP-regulated studies
- Learns to and finalizes study reports and obtain, prepare, and deliver materials to archives
- Learns to and prepares report amendments
- Learns to and assists in the preparation of tabulated summaries in association with the study director
- Data Table Preparation
- Learns to and prepares data tables including completing basic statistical analysis in table generation programs.
- Learns to and drafts and quality check data tables that were manually prepared
- Learns to and reviews data tables for accuracy
- Learns to and reviews and adjust the reporting schedule to ensure client expectations are met.
- Learns to and schedules and leads the prewriting meeting, as required
- Learns to and schedules and coordinates study report finalization efforts
Learns to coordinate expedited reporting, as necessary, among global counterparts
- Preferred: Degree and/or experience in science, technical writing, and/or document production/publishing
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Basic knowledge of office software (e.g., Microsoft® Office, especially Word and Excel; Adobe® Acrobat®)
- Attention to detail, time management skills, and organizational skills
- Prefer at least 1 year of technical writing or data tabulation experience, especially in pharmaceutical research or life sciences
Posting ID: 601066918Posted: 2021-01-22