Cleans assigned areas in accordance with franchise /brand procedures. Stocks room attendant's supplies, keeps storage rooms stocked and clean, removes soiled linen and trash from carts, all service functions.
• Smiles when "On-Stage".
• Adheres to PCI Compliance Standards
• Is neatly attired at all times in the required uniform and name tag
• Protects the privacy and security of all guests
• Cleans drink and vending machines and all surrounding areas. Empties all trash receptacles and ashtrays in corridors and public areas.
• Cleans all outside area walkways; sweeps stairways and landings; cleans railings and washes all EXIT doors.
• Cleans public restrooms.
• Washes windows as per schedule.
• Cleans elevators, tracks, chrome, and stainless steel.
• Spot-cleans walls and doors; removes cobwebs; cleans fire extinguishers.
• Wipes baseboards, railings, phones, walls, vending areas.
• Collects soiled linen form room attendant's carts and delivers to area assigned.
• Vacuums all inside corridors and shampoos carpets.
• Assists in keeping all storage areas and linen rooms clean supplied. Assists Supervisor in checking supplies, opening cartons, placing supplies neatly on shelves.
• Assures that all storage areas and room doors are secure.
• When required will strip all rooms, empty trash and prepare room for room attendant to finalize cleaning process.
• Assists in making beds and cleaning rooms (flips mattresses) as instructed by Supervisor.
• Delivers cribs and rollaways to guestrooms.
• Patrols pool area-cleans tables, empties garbage, cleans workout facilities.
• Wears protective equipment provided by property.
• Fills out maintenance work order forms notifying maintenance and housekeeping of any maintenance problems to be entered in to Quore.
• Reports any security or safety issues.
• Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to those contained in the NHG Handbook
• All other duties as assigned by management
Physical Demands: Requires walking and standing for entire shift. Requires ability to perform light or heavy housekeeping services which involve lifting, bending, stretching, and reaching. Ability to perform physical labor. May be required to list 35-50 lbs. Ability to follow schedule keeping in mind that the hotel is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Therefore, you may be required to work holidays, weekdays, weekends and different times during a 24 hour day.
Environmental Conditions: Inside protection from weather conditions (75%) but not necessarily from temperature changes. Outside labor may be required (25%)
Essential Skills: Requires knowledge of applicable standards and procedures. Must have ability to maintain schedule of cleaning and work as a team with all hotel associates. Must have the ability to professionally represent the hotel, deal positively with the public.
Educational Preparation: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
This Position Description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may be asked to perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to perform the job successfully.
Posting ID: 56170176Posted: 2020-02-19