Our client is looking for an Analytical Chemist located in Cambridge, MA. As an Analytical Chemist you will support the Precision Chemistry Department and Neurology Business Group. This position requires outstanding demonstrated expertise in the purification and characterization of oligonucleotides.
- Develop new methods to analyze and purify oligonucleotides utilizing a variety of chromatography techniques from milligram to gram scale. (Purification experience with a range of compound types-traditional small molecules, macrocycles, peptides, oligonucleotides, and other new modalities is also preferred).
- Review and make improvements to current processes for the purification of oligonucleotides.
- Conduct thermal melt experiments to characterize synthetic oligonucleotides.
- Assess in-house equipment and propose/assess outside technologies that can benefit discovery projects.
- Work closely with synthetic chemists to identify and solve significant project-related problems.
- Analyze, interpret, and deliver results in timely fashion.
- Design and execute experiments with a high level of independence.
- Drive collaboration across research groups and communicate results to colleagues within project context.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external collaborators to achieve project objectives.
- PhD in analytical chemistry strongly preferred, but combination of an MS in analytical chemistry and 3+ years of industry experience may also be considered.
- Up-to-date knowledge of modern chromatography (normal phase, reverse-phase, chiral) and mass spectrometry.
- Proficiency in analytical method development and compound purification.
- Experience in oligonucleotide purification.
- Experience with HIC and ion-exchange chromatography is a plus.
- Familiarity with Waters, Agilent HPLCs and associated software.
- Experience with other analytical methods is a plus (e.g. NMR, DSF, SPR, ITC).
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
What's In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh's network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh's extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh's vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.PandoLogic. Keywords: Analytical Chemist, Location: Somerville, MA - 02145
Posting ID: 611207692Posted: 2021-03-08