***This position will start Work@Home but will transition back in center as soon as it reopens***
The Insurance A/R Follow-up Representative (IAR Rep) is a performance-based position. Employees in this position will be responsible for reviewing unpaid, underpaid, denied or unresolved insurance balance patient accounts submitted to various health care payers. The primary focus of the IAR Rep is to review claims for accuracy and completeness, timeliness and correctness of payment from payers, and rebilling / appealing as appropriate to resolve any underlying errors in claims submission and account resolution and meet performance-based goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review, bill, rebill and resubmit insurance claims to the appropriate payer
· Identify and report trends to leadership
· Retrieve necessary documents for billing
· Identify issues with claim forms
· Follow up on claims including calling payors and using payor portals to resolve accounts.
· Coordinate with teams spread across various geographic locations
· Post adjustments and resolving credit balances
· Resolve rejections and denials through corrections and appeals
· Follow work place rules such as attendance, break and lunches, and quality measures.
· Demonstrate professional behaviour and respect towards fellow team members, team leaders, management and overall organization
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other HGS employees. * Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good safety habits. * Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
Minimum Job Requirements: (Education, Experience, Skills)
· Working knowledge of hospital or physician A/R billing experience required
· High school diploma or general equivalency diploma mandatory.
· Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
· Able to communicate orally and in writing in fluent English
· Excellent communication skills and telephone skills
· Ability to navigate through different patient accounting computer systems
· Ability to research documents and find information
· Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to changes quickly and think conceptually
· Solid problem solving skills to resolve complex customer inquiries.
PandoLogic. , Location: Dayton, NJ - 08810