Job Description: At Cornbread, our cooks’ primary focus is to properly and efficiently prepare and present all food items to be served, including accommodating any guest special request to Cornbread’s high quality standards. Our cooks are experts in preparing Soul Food, while maintaining kitchen cleanliness, speed, and efficiency in order to support Cornbread’s missions and values.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Follow all Cornbread Standard Operating Procedures to properly and efficiently prep/prepare all hot and cold food to Cornbread’s standards.
- Work as a team with the management staff by performing routine cleaning and basic upkeep of the front and the back of the house.
- Perform general duties associated with setting up and breaking down stations throughout the kitchen and restaurant to start or close a shift as directed.
- Rotate, label, and date all product to minimize waste and spoilage.
- Maintain all kitchen equipment in clean working order at all times.
- Practice safe work habits to avoid injury to self and others.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Able to works indoors and sometimes outdoors throughout shift. Cooks spend the majority of their time in the kitchen, with occasional work in outdoor areas. Frequent work includes hot ranges, walk-in freezers and coolers. Business level requires a fast work pace. Must be able to work under pressure.
- Able to move short distances throughout shift. Bending, stooping, reaching, and pushing may be required to perform routine tasks. Frequent use of stairs, kitchen is bi-level. Constantly required to handle and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. over moderate to long distances using hand trucks and carts.
Posting ID: 42300283Posted: 2020-07-14