United States of America - Michigan, SouthfieldJob Summary
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Architect for employment in Grand Rapids, MI or Southfield, MI office.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Architectural design and documentation of complex projects ranging from healthcare, corporate office, higher education, sports and entertainment, corporate interiors, housing, and governmental facilities
- Develop thought provoking design for buildings with various uses.
- Prepare architectural plans, elevations, sections, details and specifications
- Collaborate with architecture and engineering team for successful outcomes during construction
- Create building designs which take into account the urban context and scale of the associated sites to benefit the built environment.
- Create dynamic rendering's and 3d images through the use of cutting edge software and 3d models which can be used to compel the client and convey design intent.
- Validate design decisions based on cost analysis with an understanding of logistics and procurement efficiencies
- Apply creative design thinking to client's business problems to help maximize value of AECOM's service to the client.
- Stay current with new design software developments (i.e., BIM, Revit, Rhino, Dynamo, etc.)
- Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) degree or related field + 4 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of education/experience
- Autodesk Revit and Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and other post process and presentation graphic software
- Master's degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect
- Previous experience in Healthcare Projects
- Experience with Bluebeam, Navisworks, Rhino and/or Dynamo
What We Offer
- This position is not eligible for US Work Authorization sponsorship
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Architecture and DesignBusiness Line
Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Grand Rapids, MI - 3950 Sparks Drive SEClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.