Shopping is a great way to work up an appetite, and Food@Macy's offers exciting jobs and great opportunities in an area that's changing the way people experience our stores. The secret to our success is our mix of skilled, passionate culinary enthusiasts so whether you want to join the prep team or manage one of our restaurants, there's a great job waiting for you.
The Food Cashier's primary responsibility is to sell food items by using MAGIC selling and providing service using product knowledge and sampling. Perform other duties as assigned.
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of menu.
- Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards.
- Follow area specific steps of service, deliver food and beverages in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate MAGIC selling skills.
- Educate, sample, and serve customers craveable food products.
- Produce and present freshly prepared products according to company and Health Department standards by following recipes or build sheets.
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to other associates and manager on duty.
- Open and close area following appropriate checklist, verifying completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area.
- Follow production guides, maintain stock levels and standards in product presentation.
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with company and Health Department standards.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- No specific educational accomplishment is necessary. Previous restaurant/hospitality experience is preferred but not required.
- Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must meet any state and or local age requirements for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Flexible with scheduling and able to work retail hours which may include day, evening weekends and/or holidays.
Working Conditions: Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
Posting ID: 596977643Posted: 2021-01-24