Licensed Practical Nurse - Gadsden, AL Service Area
General Description: Provides direct patient care to in home patients.
REPORTS TO: Patient Care Coordinator
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Graduate of a school of nursing program and currently licensed as an LPN by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
- One (1) year of nursing experience preferred.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides direct patient care as defined in the state Nurse Practice Act.
- Implements plan of care initiated by the registered nurse.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
- Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietician) to the registered nurse and/or Patient Care Coordinator (PCC).
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
- Participates in weekend call rotations.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
“A Community of Professionals Committed to Excellence in Service”
We understand you have many choices about the place you work and the company you represent.
We have a passion for providing services to those in need. Comfort Care is more than home health.
Comfort Care provides care to families when they need it most, maintaining dignity and spirit.
We want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve. Through an environment of mutual respect
and collaboration, we believe we do that.
As dedicated professionals, we each have a commitment and obligation to serve our patients, our customers,
our co-workers and Comfort Care to the best of our ability. We have individual responsibilities to uphold our
respective professional standards of practice and our Company’s Code of Ethics.
The goal of Comfort Care is to provide a work environment that we can be proud of and to have a sense of
contribution to something greater than ourselves. We strive to create an environment that promotes teamwork,
diversity, and excellent service. As a member of the Comfort Care family, we will do our best to empower you
with tools, knowledge, and freedom to be successful. We will partner with you to provide opportunities for you to
grow in your profession and we encourage you to contribute innovative ideas and suggestions. Listening to you
begins our partnership philosophy. Many of Comfort Care’s systems, forms, and programs were developed from
Ralph Waldo Emerson said in a poem, “To know that one life has breathed easier because you have lived; this is
success.” We have the privilege and the opportunity to touch people’s lives on a daily basis. Let us work together
to make it the very best that we can.
Comfort Care Home Health Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting ID: 562841029Posted: 2020-08-07