The quality, quantity, freshness, tastiness, and presentation of our products have significant impact on the perceptions our guests have of Golden Corral. Although the Prep Person does not have direct contact with that guest, the Prep Person’s duties affect every guest. The Prep Person is responsible for the preparation (cutting, slicing, peeling, etc.) of all fresh fruits and vegetables that are used in Golden Corral. The freshness of our Cold Choice Buffet makes a statement even to those who do not order it. A guest who perceives the buffet to be a fresh, high-quality meal will also believe the same of all Golden Corral entrees. For this reason, the Prep Person has a very important role in “Making Pleasurable Dining Affordable.”
Golden Corral posts hourly positions year round to ensure that it is able to quickly identify and select the most qualified applicant(s) once a position becomes open and available. If you apply for this position and it is not open and available at this time, you will be considered for future available opportunities. During this time your application will remain available for consideration as opportunities become open and available. Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications, a representative from Golden Corral will only contact you if they are interested in pursuing you as an applicant.
- Experience in foodservice preferred, but not required.
- Proof of food handler certification may be required for individuals in those applicable states.
- Position requires standing and walking for periods of 3-4 hours without a rest break.
- Regular, moderate-to-heavy (10-50+lbs.) lifting and carrying, bending and reaching overhead may be required.
- Work equipment includes knives and, for Prep Person who are 18 years old, machinery with cutting blades.
- Work environment includes walking on potentially slippery floors and some exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Compliance with position uniform standards and adherence to all company policies and house rules are required.
- Weekends are required.
We've designed a benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families. Restaurant workers receive:
- Medical/dental/life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Meal discounts
- No-interest college loans
Posting ID: 73421963Posted: 2020-02-19