Line Cook / Prep Cook Job Description
Position Reports to: Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager
Subordinate Staff: None
Prepares, cooks and presents breakfast, lunch and dinner menu with speed and accuracy to high quality standards.
1. Reports to work on time, ready to work
2. Uses excellent hygiene
3. Preps daily food to required PAR levels
4. Restocks work stations as needed
5. Communicates with wait staff in a timely and professional manner
6. Knows ingredient mix of all recipes and dishes
7. Accurately and artistically prepares and presents food
8. Correctly cooks all foods to temperature
9. Wears gloves and uses tongs as required
10. Works with speed and maintains professional work environment
11. Works without supervision in a professional manner.
12. Helps in any kitchen position that needs assistance.
13. Maintains a clean work area
14. Operates dish machine as need (Adheres to dishwasher standards and guidelines)
15. Removes all garbage.
16. Keeps prep kitchen, walk-ins, and cook line mopped, debris free and organized.
17. Cleans and wipes down all equipment
18. Attends to all cleaning as outlined in cleaning guidelines
19. Has a current food handlers permit or Serve-Safe Certification
20. Adheres strictly to eating policy
21. Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a Chef, Sous Chef, or Kitchen Manager at any time.
1. Knowledge of sanitary guidelines.
2. Knowledge of all food production.
I. Comprehensive understanding of the English language.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and managers.
1. This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
2. Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
3. The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds
4. Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
5. Must be able to see 20/20 vision with correction.
Works under supervision of Chef, Sous Chef, and Kitchen Manager.