The name "Zion" means a place of peace and refuge. As a sanctuary with over 146,000 acres of cliffs, canyons, diverse plant and animal life, and uninterrupted beauty, Zion is well-named. Its massive sandstone walls, some as high as 3,800 feet, offer an opportunity for serenity and reflection for all who visit-and Zion Lodge offers the only in-park lodging inside this hiker's paradise. For those that live and work in the park, there are endless opportunities to explore the amazing wonders that surround you. As an employee of Zion National Park Lodge you received extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties, and a generous benefits program for full time employees. Responsibilities
- Follow all policy, procedures and service standards.
- Patrol assigned buildings and grounds to observe and identify potential safety/security risks.
- Respond to all intrusion and fire alarms and assist in implementing Emergency procedures.
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide care within scope of training.
- Observe, report, and document any violations of policies, rules, regulations, and laws governing the location.
- Perform public safety and protective functions in a courteous and professional manner.
- Project a positive, customer service oriented demeanor when interacting with employees/visitors.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Must pass a DOT physical and obtain a medical examiner's certificate prior to the agreed upon employment start date.
- Have basic computer skills to include familiarity with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Have or be able to obtain CPR, first aid, and AED certification through the American Heart Association. (Training available through Xanterra Parks & Resorts)
- Successfully pass a background check as well as a pre-employment drug test.
- Demonstrate maturity, a professional demeanor, good judgment, diplomacy, objectivity, and sound conflict/crisis intervention and problem-solving skills for managing employee or guest complaints.
- Be able to effectively perform duties in highly stressful or crisis situations and work under pressure without the loss of composure.
- Requires the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with a diverse population of employees and guests.
Posting ID: 555163658Posted: 2020-08-03