The candidate will be responsible for the construction, startup and day-to-day activities of managing and operating a Tinuum Processing plant dedicated to applying additives to coal as conveyed into the Springerville Generating Station, located near Springerville, Arizona. This position reports to the Operations Director of Tinuum Group.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience that includes a minimum of five years’ experience operating, maintaining machinery and equipment (preferably at a power/industrial plant). The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office computer skills, and possess managerial experience. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks, changing priorities and have a high degree of attention to detail and an overall sense of urgency.
- Start up, manage and maintain the facility on a 24/7 basis to safely achieve the best possible efficiency rating
- Manage/oversee the work environment to support staffing, recruitment, retention, engagement, motivation and productivity in compliance with all laws, rules, regulations, and reporting requirements
- Schedule maintenance on the processing plant as required and follow the preventative maintenance program
- Maintain the spare parts system with extremely high accuracy
- Maintain proper inventory of raw materials and additives
- Coordinate with power plant personnel to maintain good communications and scheduling of processing plant operations
- Conduct required safety meetings with your employees and comply with all requirements necessary to maintain a safe workplace
- Comply with all environmental rules, regulations, and reporting requirements
- Maintain accurate application rates of applied additives and monitor equipment for proper application
- Receive and approve for payment all invoices for services, parts, material, utilities, etc., and send to Operations Director
- Maintain accurate work hours for each employee, approve time reports and promptly forward to the Human Resources department for payroll processing
- Provide daily reporting to management of the required statistics to be established to maintain an efficient operation
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing company policy, procedures, rules, programs and initiatives
- Complete root cause analysis on missed treatment and share cross functionally
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely data entry from individuals directly or indirectly accountable to service and repair operations
- Ensure the protection, maintenance and proper use of company property, including; vehicles, equipment, tools, and facilities
- Ensure a safe workplace for all employees participating in service and repair work
- Demonstrated intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and internet
- A minimum of five years’ progressive experience in a leadership/ management role, preferably at a power plant
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop talent
- Strong time management skills and be deadline oriented
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks, changing priorities
- A high degree of attention to detail
- Assertive with an overall sense of urgency
- Troubleshooting, with the ability to quickly analyze a situation and come up with a solution
The physical demands listed are the essential job functions in order for the employee of this position to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will occasionally be required to:
- ability to lift or apply force to objects up to 50 lb;
- carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight;
- walk, stand or sit for prolonged periods of time;
- frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties;
- ascend/descend unusual heights on ladders;
- operate assigned equipment and vehicles;
- verbally communicate to exchange information
- Observe and/or inspect surroundings to assure safety
- tolerate required personal protective equipment such as steel toed shoes, work gloves, safety glasses on a continuous basis
- perform work in all types of weather and temperature conditions both in an indoor and outdoor coal yard environment
Requires Pre-employment Medical/Drug and Background Screening
We believe....Cleaner Energy is Our Responsibility.
Renewable energy is our future. Right now, Tinuum's work is focused on making today's power production methods cleaner through our exclusive emissions-reduction technology. Read more at http://www.tinuumgroup.com.
Tinuum Group, LLC provides proven technology that allows coal burning power plants to reduce NOx and mercury emissions with no upfront capital investment.
We are a company that works hard and plays hard. You will find an exciting culture in a small environment that invites you to create and challenge yourself in new ways. We offer world class benefits and perks....a "once in a lifetime" kind of culture!
We are looking for a strong Facility Manager who knows how to have fun at work.
Posting ID: 573915574Posted: 2020-09-29