Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The on-mountain experience of a lifetime begins with you!Mount SunapeeGreeters are the first point of contact for many guests arriving at Mount Sunapee. You enhance our guests' experience by using your knowledge and expertise to create a warm and welcoming first impression. As a ticket line coordinator, you facilitate efficient sales transactions and line waits. If you are an amazing people-person with a passion for service this is a job for you!!
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Convenient location - steps from the snow at the base of Mount Sunapee.
- Work outdoors in a fun, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Training and talent development programs are part of the experience.
- EPIC Ski Pass valid at any Vail-owned resort plus other ski related benefits.
- Discounted ski passes and lessons for dependent family members.
- Food, Lodging, and Retail Discounts.
- Deliver EPIC SERVICE to our guests
- Provide accurate information about the mountain while effectively directing guests to the correctlocation, based on their needs
- Positively connect with guests and effectively manage the ticket or passline at the same time
- Anticipate changing customer needs and reorganize operations appropriately
- Handle high volumes of customer interaction with a positive attitude and smile
- Be knowledgeable about resort specifics, events, and activities in order to answer guest inquiries
- Make suitable product recommendations to meet guest needs and business objectives.
- Successfully assist guests with mobile or online ticket purchases
- Inspect walkways, ticket lines and purchase areas and mitigate any safety concerns, e.g. snow and ice removal or ski/snowboard temporary storage
- Assist with and elevate guest complaints, concerns and suggestions
- Promote, embrace, and adhere to Vail Resort's Mission and Core Values
- Be responsible, accountable, and punctual
- Contribute to a fun, professional and respectful work environment.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- Passionate about guest service and the hospitality/ski industry
- Possess exceptional guest relations and communication skills
- Has an enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Able to retain a high volume of information to answer questions about all resort products
- Quick to learn and adjust to product and pricing changes
- Able to stand and work outside during entire shift
- At least18 years of age
- Preferred Skills:
- Previous customer service experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Mount Sunapee.
- Experience using a mobile or tablet device.
- Able to communicate fluently and effectively in English.
- Conversational in a second language - Spanish preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to commit to entire season (November - April)
- Work schedule is based upon business volume and office assignment
- Able to commit to at least one weekend day per week (including some Sundays)
- Must be available to work all holiday periods and flexible to pick up extra shifts
- Full Time: Full time is 30-40 hours per week over 4 or 5 days
- Part Time: Part time is 1-3 days per week
- Punctual and can start work at 7:30am each morning.
- Able to retain a high volume of information to answer questions about all resort products.
- Possesses strong teamwork skills.
- Able to develop a quick rapport with internal and external guests.
- Able to stay calm and perform well in busy and stressful situations.
We can't help but smile when someone says "Sun Bowl." We can show you why. We came for the winter but stayed for the summer. We came for the summer but stayed for the winter. Some days we ski through lunch. Some days, lunch lasts all day. We love rosy cheeks, hot chocolate, chili, and beer. We laugh a little louder.We love to ski when the sun shines. We love to ski when it doesn't. The last run of the year is as sweet as the first. We are Family. We are Fun. We are Sunapee. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 280347
Posting ID: 599652888Posted: 2021-01-23