Our application process is two parts. Please start here and complete the questionnaire. When complete, return to this page and click apply to complete your application.
Maintains existing customer base by servicing customers’ needs that include mounting, dismounting, balancing and repairs on site and off site for customers.
• Customer vehicles; Inspects and diagnose service and tire problems. Communicate necessary repairs and/or replacement of parts, recommend additional preventative services and helps sell services to the customer, if warranted.
• Provides excellent customer service to existing accounts by staying in touch, immediate follow-up and resolving issues
• Ability to take on call and after hours calls.
• Completes service orders; process tickets, invoices and bills out customers, verifies credit status of customer, makes billing adjustments, initiates purchase orders for parts, assist with updating information on the computer and maintains records/files for follow-up
• Operate air compressor, impact gun, hub-cap hammer and other various machines and tools
• Maintains vehicle cleanliness and mechanical maintenance, and ensures vehicle registration, insurance, safety and OSHA materials and devices are up-to-date. Submits Fuel receipts to accounting to process
• Tire work (retail and/or commercial, on and off site)
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed
• Mount and dismount, air pressure checks and repairs (fleet checks)
• Ensures lug nuts are tightened to the proper torque specifications
• Performs fleet inspections and properly documents.
• Completes all other duties as assigned.
• Supports company safety and operational standards and adheres to all requirements, including driving requirements. See policy on speeding and harsh driving.
• Completes all necessary training including TIA training and other requirements.
• Demonstrates Commercial Tire Technician requirements
• Submits fuel receipts weekly to accounting to process
• Demonstrates over a 6-month period the ability to conform to DOT and Commercial Tire driving requirement and follow applicable Company Policies.
• Basys (Telenet not MIM)
o Demonstrates how to write up castings for retreads or scrap
o How to check a bar code and explain the screen
• Proficient at acquiring all pictures/documents required by accounts
• Proper Procedures for a service call on side of the road (cones, flashers. parking, etc.)
• Basic understanding of matching tires/where and why to install (don’t put new on same axle as bald)
• Has mentored a Commercial Tire Tech
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Customer Service
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Mechanical Skills
• Computer Skills
QUALIFICATIONS – Unless indicated otherwise, these are preferred
• Valid Driver’s License and Insurable Driving Record (Required)
• TIA training requirement
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to meet DOT driving requirements.
• Regular attendance and punctuality is essential.