Come join our team! Cora Lamping Center for Survivors of Domestic & Sexual Violence, a division of The Avenue Family Network, Inc., is a safe, violence free environment for survivors of intimate partner domestic violence or sexual assault and their dependent children.
The Avenue Family Network, Inc. (The Avenue) (formerly Child & Family Services of Southwestern Michigan, Inc.) originated in 1891 as the National Children's Home Society for the District of Michigan "to secure for every child the same love and the same opportunity that we would have our own children receive should they be left orphaned and friendless." The first child was taken into our care on September 28, 1891, followed by hundreds of orphaned children who were helped by our agency with finding them permanent homes.
Since that time, our programs have changed periodically as new community needs were identified and as we grew to become a full-service agency serving children, families and adults. Today we offer services through five comprehensive programs: Autumn House and Harbor House Adult Day Services, Shoremark Homecare Services, Cora Lamping Center and West Michigan Guardianship. We serve the people living in Berrien, Cass and Van Buren counties, with some services extending to people in eight different counties throughout Southwestern Michigan.Job Description
This position is responsible for Crisis Desk Coverage and will provide information, referrals and advocacy services to individuals who contact the Sexual Assault Crisis Line. Under the direction of the Sexual Assault Coordinator, will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the Sexual Assault Program to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Duties And Responsibilities:
1. Provide informational support to clients, their families and program staff by serving as a front line contact for the myriad of issues and questions that the Sexual Assault Program receives.
2. Efficiently and accurately respond to inquiries (phone, email, and in-person) knowing the Sexual Assault Program, its many resources and support services. Screen and forward calls, messages, and emails to appropriate staff.
3. Will respond to crisis calls within established policies and procedures.
4. Participate in on-call rotation.
5. Will respond to crisis calls at all three Berrien County hospitals as well as law enforcement calls.
6. Greet and assist visitors, determining nature of need and connecting them with appropriate office staff. Track walk-ins and needs; gather data from walk-ins, appointments, and other sources, and provide reports to program leadership.
7. Will provide referrals as necessary to other service providers.
8. Work with sensitive information, using discretion and professional judgment.
9. Update and maintain case notes based on interactions in a records database.
10. Will distribute, collect and calculate data from client surveys at required intervals for grant reporting.
11. Will complete monthly reports by deadlines set by Sexual Assault Coordinator or funder requirements
12. Process mail/deliveries to the office.
13. Maintain clean and orderly reception area.
14. Maintain office equipment, supplies, and security measures.
15. Routine clerical tasks as needed.
1. Ability to set priorities with the daily assignments and to meet deadlines established by Sexual Assault Coordinator.
2. Excellent communication skills.
3. Ability to maintain privacy with communications.
4. Ability to work effectively as a team member.
5. Ability to assess and refer difficult/escalated situations to appropriate staff or other service providers.
6. Comfort with and ability to learn databases to access records and make confidential case notes, as needed.
7. Ability to manage and re-prioritize competing priorities.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. A minimum of one (1) year of experience working in an office environment.
3. Adeptness with basic office software (Microsoft Office Suite), email (Outlook), internet, and electronic record systems.
4. Demonstrated experience working with a diverse clientele in a fast-paced environment.
Special Conditions of Employment:
1. Valid Driver’s License, a working motor vehicle, and proof of current vehicle insurance.
2. Undergo and successfully pass a State of Michigan LIEN Check and Central Registry Clearance.
3. Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Screen.
4. Negative TB Test upon hire with follow-up TB tests as required by The Avenue policy.
5. Undergo a background check with no recent felony convictions and no abuse/neglect convictions.
6. Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings, weekends and holidays, as necessary.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a full-time position. Hourly Wage is $12.00
Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Eleven Paid Holidays, 403b Employee Retirement Fund, Supplemental Insurance through Aflac
Please visit our website: www.TheAvenue.ngo to learn more about The Avenue Family Network, Inc.
Complete an online application at: https://TheAvenueFamilyNetworkInc.appone.com