The MHE Mechanic is responsible for our warehouse material handling equipment (MHE). Responsibilities include maintaining and repairing machinery / equipment (Forklift, Hi-Lo, Pallet Jack). The ideal candidate is self-motivated, takes personal pride in their work, and is safety minded. As a MHE Mechanic, you must be focused at delivering consistent high quality services at all times.
The position of MHE Mechanic is non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act and shall be entitled to overtime compensation for hours worked in excess of 40 in any one work week.
The MHE Mechanic shall be accountable to, and supervised by, the Warehouse Manager.
- Perform equipment (Forklift, Hi-Lo, Pallet Jack) maintenance and repair.
- Perform preventative maintenance (PM) on equipment (Forklift, Hi-Lo, Pallet Jack).
- Perform parts sourcing and inventory maintenance.
- Provide onsite support to operations and ancillary departments.
- Work on special projects requiring technical expertise or materials fabrication.
- Miscellaneous tasks to be determined.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience maintaining and repairing machinery/equipment (Forklift, Hi-Lo, Pallet Jack).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer experience, preferably with all Microsoft applications.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Position will require frequent walking, standing, lifting and bending.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License.
Job Type: Full-time
Posting ID: 546596996Posted: 2020-05-28