This position is responsible for developing accurate and timely proposals and estimates for both private and public sector works projects to ensure company is a responsive bidder.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Comprehend and administer a safety program that provides for a safe work environment that meets or exceeds Granite’s Annual Incident Goal, and foster a culture that expects participation at all levels.
2. Create and promote, in his/her organization, the ability to recognize and understand the appropriate environmental policies, rules, and the potential adverse effects to the environment due to operations, and take steps necessary to comply with policy/rules, and mitigate the effects of operations.
3. Create and/or foster a quality culture that recognizes the effect of quality on all operations, and takes steps necessary to provide a product or service that is a source of pride for our workers, and pleasing to our customers.
4. Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate.
5. Review drawings, specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate.
6. Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid.
7. Review “take-off” quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
8. Utilize existing cost history as a check to complete estimate.
9. Apply mathematical calculations requiring advanced analytical processes to ensure logically estimated costs are accurate.
10. Analyze and evaluate bidding risks, strategies and present estimate and participate in bid reviews with senior management to ensure accuracy and completeness.
11. Analyze competition and communicate with owners, subcontractors, public and private entities to ensure competitiveness.
12. Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job and critical means and methods of construction.
13. Develop and maintain business relationships to increase bid opportunities in the regional market.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or equivalent related work experience.