Seeking an Entry Level Operations Technician to join a well known Biotech Company.
Our client specializes in the management of critical biological materials in support for the advancement of cell therapy, high value biologics, and population based public health research. They provide customized solutions for their large pharmaceutical clients and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity and efficacy of their valued material from the manufacturer to the bedside. Our client is the world leader in serving science, and member of the BioPharma Services Division.
This is an entry level position, so training will be provided! This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a well known, global company!
- This position is entry level and is responsible for the receipt, inventory, storage, withdrawal and shipment of biological specimens, samples, clinical agents, and materials from multiple commercial and government clients.
- These materials are stored at temperatures ranging from ambient (room temperature) to below freezing with potentially hazardous properties.
- This position uses database applications and standard precautionary procedures to work independently, be self directed, communicate effectively, and use good judgment when making decisions.
- This position may also participate in the assembly of kits and label printing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares samples or clinical agents for pickups, courier deliveries, and shipments.
- Works closely with managers to support customer inquiries, discrepancies, inventory maintenance and database updates.
- Responsible for using an inventory management system for data entry, sample tracking, and management of samples.
- Maintains files for validation of data and preparation of queries, reviews accumulated data for accuracy and prepares reports of information and sample data.
- Performs internal specimen consolidation and reorganization projects under the guidance of a Lead Operations Technician.
- Participates in process improvement activities.
- Receives, handles and inventories specimens of human, animal, and/or plant origin at temperatures ranging from ambient to 196C, and having potentially hazardous properties.
- Follows standard operating procedures (SOPs), facility safety guidelines, and Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- May prepare sample collection kits in accordance with Standard Work Instructions.
- May make deliveries to clients as required.
- May be required to travel to other facilities (in the Maryland area) to meet business needs.
If you are interested, please apply with your resume attached!
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Aerotek is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Posting ID: 580221919Posted: 2020-10-16