The Test Engineer will be responsible for managing, monitoring, and supervising the activities of the test team, updating program plans for testing, creating program test templates, ensuring test cases and procedures meet program requirements, and assisting in or writing the test artifacts. The candidate will participate in test readiness reviews and design reviews. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Analysis of system-level requirements and managing changes as they affect test procedures
* Development, tracking, monitoring of derived requirements
* Writing standard program test documentation
* Continuous support and interaction with teammates and with associate contractors in a coordinated team effort
* Proactively implement improvements to enhance the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of test activities
* Assisting test engineers in performing test assignments involving definition of test and verification requirements; help establish methods and techniques, planning tests, developing test requirements, writing test procedures and reports, and conducting tests
* Utilizing a knowledge of test engineering and apply understanding of principles of related engineering and software technology to ensure test validity and integrity
Candidate will operate under general supervision of program management guidance received will relate primarily to general objectives and details of unusual situations and /or requirements.
The candidate must have a background in managing a small team, system test or software/hardware engineering, and be able work closely with the software development team to understand mission needs and supervise test activities to meet the mission needs. This position requires a team-oriented disposition, ability to work multiple tasks concurrently, and strong documentation and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have experience/familiarity with Windows operating systems, networks, and automated test tools.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or related scientific discipline or equivalent years of experience
* Eligible for a DoD Secret security clearance
* Minimum 2 years' experience or equivalent managing and supervising a small team
* Minimum 5 years' experience or equivalent practical experience, with at least 2 years of program-level experience.
* Excellent verbal/written communications and interpersonal skills
* Understanding/training in system test planning
* Understanding of requirements as they pertain to test requirement analysis
* Understanding of preparing and executing test procedures
* Experience with discrepancy report systems
* Experience working within Integrated Product Teams
* Understanding of the program and software development life cycle models
* Experienced with the Microsoft Office suite of tools (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, and MS PowerPoint
* Proven teamwork, leadership, and interpersonal skills
* Effectively work and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
* Active DoD Secret (or higher) security clearance
* Experience in performing system test planning and implementation using state-of-the-art technology
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.Aerotek is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.