Benchmark's company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
Greet guests, take and prepare orders of food or beverage and if needed process payments with cash register or other device
Obtain and verify bank and open register.
Request change order if needed. Assist customers in selection of merchandise.
Respond to guests' needs and relay comments to supervisor.
Collect and process cash/charges using computerized Micros System.
Check in, inspect and tag new merchandise.
Close out Micros System; count bank, balance and return.
Display merchandise in shop and shop windows.
Prepare gift baskets according to daily orders.
Gift-wrap packages as needed.
Take monthly inventory.
List merchandise to be ordered.
Vacuum, dust and straighten shop.
Move racks as needed.
Maintain store supplies, i.e., register paper, bags, etc. and put request into manager.
Answer telephones and take messages or phone orders.
Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have command of the English language, written and verbal.
- Must have strong time management skills.
- Ability to work flexible days and hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to stand for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Retail experience preferred.