Sentry Insurance, a Mutual Company, is excited to share this new Loss Control Consultant opportunity. Our dedication to customer service is embodied by our best associates. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering business results. We are currently seeking a safety minded, self-motivated and results driven individual to fill an open position in our California Regional Safety Services Division. The ideal candidate will be located in the Northern, California area and able to conduct comprehensive safety and loss control assessments, providing our Underwriting team with a strong analytical opinion of risk to support our goal of profitable growth in the middle to large premium market segment. In addition, the successful candidate will develop close relationships with our agents and policyholders, conducting selected safety seminars and training, to build the value-added service that Sentry is known for. We are searching for an individual who is passionate about consulting on safety and risk management practices, can work from home, with excellent organizational skills to effectively manage their territory.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The following are some of the responsibilities of the Regional Safety Services Consultant Senior position:
• Conduct on-site risk evaluation surveys and complete detailed reports to assist our Underwriting groups with account acceptability
• Assist customers with development and implementation of safety polices, programs and procedures specific to each account & loss exposure
• Provide advanced risk management and consultative services to assigned clients
• Conduct Job-site safety inspections and OSHA 10-hour seminars for our Regional construction line of business
• Maintain and demonstrate safety management and expertise in areas such as commercial property protection, general liability, product liability, fleet safety and employee safety
• Develop, coordinate and conduct safety/risk management seminars and training programs for accounts to promote awareness and reduce claim frequency and severity
• Develop and execute service proposals and plans to qualified accounts
WHAT IT TAKES
• Bachelor's degree within the Safety field is preferred
• Emphasis in Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, or Physical Sciences preferred
• 4-5 years of insurance safety consulting or safety work in a private industry (construction and manufacturing)
• High level of independence, organization, and self-motivation to work from home
• Experience in coordinating and servicing large or multi location accounts preferred
• Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, NFPA Standards, and DOT regulations
• High level of verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to learn use of specialized building valuation systems, diagramming and report software
• Acceptable motor vehicle record for travel (50%) including overnight travel in some cases
• Desire to pursue professionals Safety designations including CSP and/or other designations
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you'll receive.
HOW YOU'LL APPLY
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry-more than 4,000 associates-have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!