Our client near Bay Shore, NY is seeking a Test Tech to join their team. Hours: Monday- Friday, 7am - 3:30pm
Job responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Work under the direction of a Lab Supervisor/Lab Engineer.
- Reviewing, understanding, and performing the testing in accordance with step-by-step test procedures along with other technicians.
- Handle test items from less than a pound to close to 20,000 lbs.
- Take hand and computer notes on lab data sheets.
- This includes photographs and video records, as required.
- Interface with other technicians and engineers.
- Plenty of room for growth, and promotions are offered with gained experience!
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Further education is preferred but not required.
- Use of basic shop tools and steel machining (band-saws, milling, lathe, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of Crane/Hoist use.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team as well as individually with minimum or no supervision.
- A motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Welding experience a plus
- Able to operate forklift(s) a plus
- Rigging experience a plus
- Prior experience in a laboratory environment preferred
- Electrical and/or Mechanical testing equipment experience preferred
Posting ID: 567228533Posted: 2020-08-08