Search #: 495051JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Student Programs and Services
Under the direction of the Assistant Director for Honors Programming and Residential Life, the Program Assistant (Student Services Program Assistant 2) provides responsible administrative support as well as significant program support for Honors Program curricular and co-curricular events and activities with a particular focus on initiatives related to diversity, inclusion, and global learning. This individual will provide programming and event-planning coordination and support, serve as a resource to honors students and honors student organizations, participate in the application of outreach strategies to undergraduate students that promote engagement, provide office management support including budget tracking, along with other program duties as required.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the planning and coordination of activities and events that support the curricular and co-curricular goals of the Honors Program, especially those related to building an inclusive community. This activity includes processing program proposals, supporting advertising and outreach efforts, and managing event planning and logistics.
- Performs office management duties that include: supervising a variety of student employees, including front desk student workers and Student Programming Assistants (SPAs); managing the administrative processes of the Programming and Events office; maintaining complex filing systems, including fiscal and student records. As appropriate, may support the Assistant Director in other office management areas.
- Schedules, coordinates, and prepares materials for undergraduate student workshops and programs. May present/facilitate workshops as needed.
- Attends community meetings with Education Abroad or Community Center partners; takes accurate notes and maintains meeting files.
- Tracks and reconciles budget expenditures within an approved program budget. Assists the Assistant Director in the preparation of future year budgets.
- Arranges and coordinates travel for members of the Programming and Events team and other staff and/or students, and processes reimbursements, as appropriate.
- Receives program proposals and award applications; makes referrals to appropriate personnel for review; maintains related filing system.
- Assists in assessment efforts in Honors, including data collection, analysis, and report drafting, requiring knowledge of program objectives.
- Serves as a resource to individual students and Honors student organizations on matters related to administrative procedures and best practices.
- Works with and facilitates leadership of Honors student groups which may include, but is not limited to: HIPS, HiBA, HASB, H4D, and Honors Council. May advise student groups as needed.
- Advise Honors student delegations on trips, such as the Honors Across State Borders spring break excursion, as needed;
- Compiles and maintains collection of resource materials and program information for Honors programming and events, including program proposals and evaluation materials.
- Assists with the coordination of prospective student visits through advising of or coordination with HIPS; attends Husky-for-a-Day visits as a representative of the Honors Program.
- Participates in the coordination of the Honors community by advertising housing opportunities to students. Coordinates the housing application process and room assignments with Residential Life as requested by the Assistant Director.
- Assists with Orientation of incoming students, advising students as needed. Prepares resource materials and program information as needed.
- As directed, acts for and represents the Assistant Director to other University offices, the public or outside agencies on a wide range of administrative and program matters.
- Manages communications with students and other constituents regarding program collaboration and assists in the marketing and communication of Honors Program activities to students, faculty, advisors, and other administrators.
- Coordinates program logistics and provides administrative support for program staff, including on-site supervision of events, oversight of facilities use, and support with problem resolution.
- Assists with Enrichment Programs-wide administrative efforts, such as coordinating travel, coordinating University award nomination processes, or other division-wide administrative needs.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field.
- Experience working with diverse constituencies and a commitment to furthering inclusive best practices in the Honors program.
- Two to three years related experience providing administrative and/or program support.
- Demonstrated considerable knowledge of administrative methods.
- Demonstrated ability to independently provide significant program support, including budget tracking, and regularly exercise judgment on a wide variety of administrative matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to host and participate in programming and events that may include occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Master's Degree.
- Experience in an undergraduate Honors program or college, as a student or staff member.
- Experience at a large university.
- Experience in large event-planning, including advertising.
- Experience working with high-achieving undergraduate students in a professional capacity.
- Experience in undergraduate student programming.
- Ability to travel in a professional capacity.
- Experience in designing or updating web pages and social media using relevant software (e.g., WordPress, Qualtrics).
- Experience working with residential and/or learning communities.
- Experience studying abroad or with high-impact practices related to intercultural learning.
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #495051 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on March 17, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Feb 24 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Mar 17 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Posting ID: 610813065Posted: 2021-03-07