JRP Utility Construction, INC., is an up and coming Utility Construction Company looking for an energetic, analytical person to fill the position of Assistant Project Manager. We have successfully completed and continue to work on a large number of projects for many of the biggest names in the communication industry.
The Assistant Project Manager will direct and perform if necessary the day to day work of the HDD crews and ensure safety practices are being followed and the crews are delivering quality work according to the construction plans and specifications.The Assistant Project Manager has the responsibility for the HDD crews including training, safety, and quality. The Assistant Project Manager will work with permitting entities, utility owners and property owners to ensure that the projects are completed in a manner consistent with our permits and right of way agreements.
What is in it for you?
What you will be doing:
Overseeing crews and operating, if necessary equipment including, bore rigs, trailers, crew trucks, water and safety equipment and all other equipment required to perform the work.
· Manage project documentation (daily safety sheets, permits, licenses, work plans, etc.).
• Read and understand construction drawings and specifications
• Ensure all employees are properly trained in how to do the work and how to work safely
• Work with Project Manager to Schedule crews so that work is completed to meet company completion dates
• Work closely with other departments to coordinate work schedules and completion dates
• Respond to network damage reports and direct the restoration of the cable(s)
• Ensure contract, permit and authorization compliance, as applicable.
• Maintain day-to-day communication with the Project Manager of Construction.
• Produce quality results in an efficient and cost effective manner.
• Represent JRP Utility Construction professionally to satisfy immediate customer needs and to foster return business.
• Respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
• Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance according to company policies.
• Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role and those of the project team.
• Adhere to company policies, regulations, procedures, and principles.
What is required for this position:
• 3 years’ experience supervising underground cable placement crews.
• 3 years' hands on experience on a HDD crew.
• Strong knowledge of HDD construction and engineering.
· Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and possess strong time-management skills.
• Well organized, team player, professional and energetic.
· Ability to work on multiple projects at one time· Must be a self-starter, willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
· Possess good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
. Demonstrate strong leadership skills; ability to develop and motivate a project team.