Working out of our Green Bay office, the Accounting Assistant provides support to the Corporate Accounting/ Finance team with a focus on managing accounts receivable and collections, processing of accounts payable, assisting with payroll as well as other general accounting functions as needed. As the face of Home Instead, this team member must demonstrate our core value, Love (v.), in all interactions with internal and external customers and staff: patience, kindness, humility, selflessness, respectfulness, forgiveness, honesty and commitment.
- Review daily billing records for all franchise locations to ensure invoicing is completed accurately and timely.
- Respond to client inquires and requests for information in a timely fashion.
- Process cash receipts and prepare the daily bank deposit.
- Monitor overdue accounts, prepare statements and make collection calls.
- Initiate and assist clients with submitting long term care insurance claims.
- Process service authorization requests and remit Medicaid claims to the appropriate TPA.
- Review unpaid claims, service authorizations and resolve any discrepancies in payments.
- Review accounts payable invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Ensure accounts payable invoices are allocated to the appropriate franchise location and general ledger account.
- Review credit card purchases to ensure they are coded to the appropriate general ledger account.
- Review daily payroll records for all franchise locations to ensure employees are paid accurately.
- Process new hire paperwork and maintain employee information in the payroll system.
- Process garnishments, tax withholding and direct deposit changes.
- Provide professional, accurate and timely customer service regarding accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll related questions.
- Recognize opportunities for process improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Occasional inter-departmental support as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and accounting related software is necessary
- Must possess excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described responsibilities of the position.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required in this job include close vision.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones. Minimal travel may be required.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Posting ID: 590786991Posted: 2020-12-03