Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Business Systems Analyst
Overview of Position
The Business Systems Analyst assists the IT engineering staff and the operations team in understanding the enterprise's operational needs for both solutions to business systems and procedures of moderate scope. Collaborates with users and customers to define business requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria for system enhancements and new functionalities. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and proposing revisions to existing system logic as necessary.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives based on both user needs and thorough understanding of systems and industry requirements with limited supervision.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Analyze business and user needs, document requirements and translate into user stories and acceptance criteria
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish the underlying true needs from user requests
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze needs and develop interface design or user stories and acceptance criteria based on the defined requirements
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Identify and clarify unclear or ambiguous requirements
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS, or related Information Technology field
- Three+ years' experience in business systems analysis, technical writing, and design analysis
- Two years experience in healthcare or IT industries
- Three+ years' experience writing detailed business requirements, business processes, user stories and acceptance criteria
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience with software development project management and project life-cycle methodologies
- Experience facilitating requirement-gathering sessions
- Knowledge of system design concepts, client - server architecture, relational database design, reporting and related disciplines preferred
- Ability to assess work assignments, create timelines, report on progress toward those established goals and reassess as needed.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Understanding of the healthcare industry and the information exchange between consumers, providers, clearinghouses, payers and employers
- Understanding of Agile principles and methodologies
- Excellent oral and written skills in order to effectively communicate with customers and internal staff
- Ability to formulate and define systems scope and objectives through research and due diligence
- Demonstrated ability to come up to speed quickly and balance multiple tasks
- Ability to coordinate teams of internal and external stakeholders through meetings and decision processes
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.