The Trainer will work with the Operations team to provide on- the- job training to new hires in different operational areas like Sorting, Encoding, Receiving, among others. Coach new hires to ensure correct standard operating procedures are followed. Provide input in the development of training materials, including manuals and job aids.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct on-the-job training and employee orientation including Safety Methods Training and Production Standards for company employees in the Operations department.
- Demonstrate and work with new hires to move product through each step of the process flow based on their assigned position
- Demonstrate "Best Practices", assists and provides direction to new hires
- Assist with the revision of training curriculum, testing, and support materials for new training programs to be implemented in the field.
- Provide recurrent training for all certifications and mandated safety training programs.
- Complete on the job performance evaluations for review by HR and Operations Supervisors.
- Assist supervisors and management staff with people development.
- Apprise supervisor of the status of new hires during their on- the- job training and any issues that may occur.
- Identify areas that need the most improvement and report to supervisor for quality enhancement.
- Essential duties are not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented or otherwise revised by DHL at its sole discretion.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school or equivalent training and/or at least 6 months related experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Good communication skills and ability to explain tasks to others.
- Plan own work activities and plan and direct work activities of new hires.
- Read work orders, tickets, receiving, BOLs, graphs, logs, schedules, verify zip code numbers.
- Observe and read gauges, instruments, dials to determine operating processes and procedures.
- Identify and list production data such as quantities, PPH, and operating calculations.
- Prepare detailed records or reports such as receiving reports, operating logs, quantities.
- Estimate speed of moving objects.
- Inspect, examine and observe for obvious product or equipment defects easily and not easily identified.
- Understand standardized math processes.
- Plan and schedule movement or flow of materials or products.
- Work with minimal supervision; under pressure and on several tasks at the same time.
- Understand, plan and perform a sequence of diversified operations where standard methods are available
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / DISABILITY / VET
- Frequently lift/push/pull mail and parcels weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently observe and determine the levels of productivity and output of personnel.
- Frequently communicate with departmental personnel to assign, lead and coordinate work activities and ensure production standards are met.
- This is a warehouse environment where frequently this position will be exposed to cold, hot and changing temperatures; will constantly experience noise at medium level not damaging or loud enough to require protective equipment; will frequently be exposed to dust, dirt and changes in lighting.
Posting ID: 597220288Posted: 2021-01-22