Job Description CMA /LVN/LPN - Certified Medical Assistant
Location: Claremont, NH
Duration: 13 weeks Description:
Mandated Job Requirements:
- Unit: Physician Practices/Outpatient Clinics
- Minimum 2 years current experience - Required
- Must be certified or registered medical assistant - required! AAMA preferred and will receive first consideration
- Phlebotomy/Venipuncture Experience - Required
- Valid Driver License - Required
- Travel experience Highly preferred Registration/Certification Requirements: State License(s):
- New Hampshire
- Compact License Allowed
The Valley Regional outpatient practices consist of an internal medicine practice, 2 family practices (one with two pediatricians), an ortho practice, a general surgery practice, a urology practice, a gyn/ob practice and a pulmonary practice. Travelers may be floated to one or all practices as needed. Essential Functions:
- Provides direct patient care under the supervision of provider staff, demonstrating competency within VRH defined scope of practice for CMA
- Maintains clinical competency in all patient care duties, including, but not limited to performance of point of care testing, phlebotomy, vital signs, injections, simple diagnostic testing, specimen collection, etc. Complete listing to be found in VRH CMA Scope of practice for Provider practices.
- Competent in managing patient flow and rooming patients, medical and surgical asepsis & infection control techniques, and positioning and prepping patients for office procedures.
- Answers telephone calls as needed in response to patient inquiries. Refer patients to other staff as appropriate.
- Interacts professionally and appropriately with patients, families, and colleagues at all levels in busy clinical setting.
- Utilizes electronic medical record and other computer or electronic based programs required to provide safe and effective patient care, including appropriate documentation of clinical care following policies and guidelines in the existing EMR. This includes maintaining competency with changing systems and upgraded versions of existing systems.
- Takes ownership for safe clinical environment, and assists colleagues in office, including updated knowledge of use of office equipment such as fax machine, copier, supply orders, and other requirements as they arise.
- Participates in the department's continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Performance Measures/Accountabilities:
- Error free input of medical histories
- Clearly articulates treatment procedures to patients
- Promptly collects and preps laboratory specimens
- Ability to meet scheduling demands set by Director
- Promote effective intradepartmental relationships
- Understand and model VRH Culture
- Understand and abide by policies and guidelines in VRH Staff Handbook
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.",