This position is responsible for performing chemical mechanical and analytical testing of rubber using a variety of test methods and equipment. The position requires writing a report based on test data and observations. The position requires performing scheduled verification checks on test equipment, reviewing/organizing incoming raw material certificates. The Analytical Chemist will also be responsible for participation in various department audit, training new technicians and any other lab related tasks as directed by Supervision.
• Analytical testing for all of Bristol, most FNST (Focused factories, Indiana, Georgia, Manchester, Plymouth) and for
FNST outside customers using instruments such as: DSC, DMA, TGA, FTIR, GC-MS, UV-VIZ, etc.
• Performs physical testing of rubber using a variety of test methods and equipment; this includes recording data/observations.
• Performs various wet chemistry and instrumental methods testing.
• Plan and execute specific material, process and product projects as required to support the business objectives of the
• Develop appropriate relationships with customers, vendors, technical and trade associations, academia and
• Calibration/verification of all analytical equipment.
• Supports the Technical Manager and Quality Manager to maintain A2LA accreditation.
• DSC, TGA, FTIR, and GC-MS are Mandatory skills. 2+ years' experience is required with these techniques
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry with at least one year experience in a laboratory environment or equivalent combination required
3+ years’ experience in rubber industry preferred
Experience in polymer materials/processing, sealing and mechanical design is desirable in relation to analytical work performed by this employee
Interested? Apply Now!
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]]