The Housekeeping and Laundry Supervisor oversees the housekeeping and laundry departments and is responsible for maintaining the center or community in an orderly, clean and sanitary condition and for processing linens, garments and other washables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides day to day supervision to housekeeping and laundry team members including hiring, training, scheduling and performance management.
- Leads and manages the housekeeping and laundry departments with the highest level of quality, service and safety.
- Ensures that the housekeeping and laundry departments operate within their budget including managing supply and labor costs.
- Inventories and orders necessary supplies for housekeeping and laundry operations.
- Manages housekeeping and laundry tasks to ensure timely completion of duties including coordinating with other departments to make sure needs are met.
- Ensures that resident rooms, apartments, public restrooms, offices and common areas are maintained in a safe, clean, comfortable, and attractive manner, keeping residents' personal items safe.
- Cleans, straightens and picks up trash throughout the center or community including sinks, toilets, plumbing fixtures, mirrors and surfaces, and replenishing soap and paper products. Vacuums, sweeps and mops floors on a routine basis.
- Cleans spills, soiled areas, and other conditions as observed or directed. Safely uses cleaners and other hazardous materials in accordance to product instructions and department procedure.
- Cleans exterior windows, patios, or other outside areas as observed or assigned.
- Manages the collection and laundering of soiled clothing and linen, folding and preparing clean clothing and linen for distribution to resident rooms and center or community linen storage areas.
- Ensures linen and resident clothing are in useable condition by mending torn linens or garments and replacing items as necessary.
- Keeps laundry and housekeeping work spaces and storage areas organized and clean according to established procedures.
- Ensures that housekeeping and laundry appliances, equipment and supply carts are properly maintained, maintenance and stored.
- Follows building fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to Administrator, Executive Director or Maintenance Director
- Participates in interdisciplinary team/leadership team by actively contributing in decision making, grievance follow up, building and company-wide initiatives and attending leadership team meetings such as daily stand up, QAPI, Infection Control and other meetings as required.
- Participates in center/community's manager on duty program as assigned.
- Interacts with residents, visitors, and staff courteously, respecting individual confidentiality, dignity and rights
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBLITIES
- Demonstrates Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Trust.
- Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents' families, visitors and staff.
- Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, employees, the facility, and company information and records.
- Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 years of housekeeping and/or laundry experience, preferably in a health care setting. 1+ years in a housekeeping and/or laundry supervisor position with experience managing budgets and leading a team preferred. Ability to manage competing priorities and effectively manage demanding workload. Strong attention to detail.
- High school diploma or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
Posting ID: 560889515Posted: 2020-07-17