Electronics Engineer, Principal, Electro-Optical Architectures
Apply Now Job ID:
529555BR Date posted:
Jun. 24, 2020 City:
Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Sunnyvale CA
?The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems.
Come be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products! We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Join us as a Principal Electronics Engineer working architectures and hardware for missiles and space programs. You will report to the enterprise Electronics directorate and be deployed into the Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OpCoE).
You will develop the roadmap for designs that reside within electro-optical (EO) systems. Hardware needs include EO processors and bias generators, precision thermal control, laser control and power electronics, fast steering mirror (FSM) drive and power electronics, calibrator electronics, and bus simulators. You will serve as the architect across a variety of programs and provide guidance to component / board level designers to implement your ideas. You will significantly impact the enterprise through establishment of reusable circuit designs and common modeling tools to enable affordability across programs.
AS THE OPTICAL PAYLOAD (EO) PRINCIPAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
• Work in development of an EO electronics roadmap and make recommendations on IRAD / capital priorities
• Adapt and insert solutions from the Electronics directorate into Optical Payload instrument designs
• Integrate EO electronics roadmaps into the enterprise roadmap. Ensure EO products adopt enterprise practices (i.e., Space VPX) where practical
• Champion the development of key common payload electronics architectures that can be used across multiple missions and customers (passive EO, active EO, laser comm, calibration)
• Apply consistent requirements and functional decomposition methodology to decrease variation in sell-off approaches
• Champion the use of consistent electronics designs, modeling tools, and verification methods
• Enable common usage of qualified product designs across multiple applications in Space, thereby strengthening designs
• Work closely with Payload IPTs leads and internal stakeholders
FOR THIS POSITION YOU WILL TYPICALLY HAVE:
• B.S. plus 20+ years
of professional experience.
• M.S. plus 18+ years
of professional experience.
• PhD. plus 15+ years
of professional experience.
• Ability to obtain a TS/SCI
clearance, and thus be a US Citizen.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Experience with bus or payload architectures, typically found in space or missile systems.
• Demonstrated experience in leading technical teams through trade-offs between multiple disciplines.
• Have working familiarity with command, control, bias and data management of electro-optical (EO) sensors/focal plane arrays (FPAs).
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.Desired Skills:
• Experience in proposal tech baselines and/or development.
• Experience with communicating and working with customers and leadership.
• Previous or current Certified Product Engineer (CPE) or equivalent Product Engineer experience.
• Ability to estimate major Avionics parameters (I/O quantity and type, overall size, weight, and cost).
• Demonstrated ability to manage trade studies and requirements across multiple subsystems
• Excellent communications skills both verbal and written with the proven ability to communicate
• Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve complex technical issues/challenges.
• Have working familiarity with laser drive and control electronics.
• Have experience in bus power conditioning and POL (point of load) circuits.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
• Familiarity with failure investigation processes (fishbone analyses, etc.).
• Technical experience in full life cycle development of hardware including, integration, and test.
• Experience working in geographically diverse teams and interfacing with industry partners/subcontractors.
• Experience working with cross-functional technical teams. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level:
Experienced Professional Business Unit:
SPACE Relocation Available:
Yes Career Area:
Electronics Engineering Clearance Level:
Full-Time Virtual Location:
no Work Schedule:
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift:
First Apply Now
How does Lockheed Martin support work-life balance?
Join our talent network and receive company news and job alerts to your inbox.
Interested In Select a category and/or location from the auto-suggestions and click "add."
- Electronics Engineering, Sunnyvale, California, United States Remove
We're thrilled that you are interested in joining the team at Lockheed Martin! Since applying for a job can be a bit of a mystery at times, we wanted to let you know exactly what to expect during the process with Lockheed Martin.
We Do Space: Cyber
Cyber Engineers with Lockheed Martin Space play a critical role in protecting our nations' most important assets. Learn more about our team.
How Cyber Experts are Using Artificial Intelligence
How do our cyber teams use artificial intelligence to sift through heaps of data and detect malicious activity?
What It's Like to Work at Lockheed Martin: Changing the Course of Technology
At Lockheed Martin, we're not only working on technology, we're changing the course of technology.
Lockheed Martin utilizes our own internal Talent Acquisition Organization to fill our employment needs. If you are contacted over the phone or e-mailed, by a company listing a Lockheed Martin job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on Lockheed Martin's behalf, please do not respond.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.