Job ID: 1148615 | Amazon.com Services LLC
We're seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager for Alexa Mobile in Bay Area. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include ownership of a delivery program, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be making appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. After technically following complexity of features and bugs, you will be able to recommend priority of issues keeping customers in focus. You will work directly with the technical leads from multiple work-streams to ensure best practices are used and that approved designs are scalable and supportable in the long term. You will define and implement processes to assure the platform architecture is aligned with the technical roadmap and our business stakeholders' feature roadmap. You will also drive automation of processes, develop new applications, and manage the integrations to our various business systems for our various environments. You will bring a strong technical background and experience to stand out as a senior member of the organization, participating in every phase of the product lifecycle - from ideation through development and into production. This role requires autonomy and an ability to deliver results, often within the ambiguity of building a v1 product.
As a Principal TPM you will be expected to:
• Own programs with significant complexity with broad cross-organizational and/or deep architectural impact.
• Drive large engineering efforts that solve significantly difficult problems with complete independence.
• Identify risks/opportunities in technical strategies, architecture(s), in engineering organization structure(s).
• Improve how organizations interact to achieve business and technology goals.
• Create and optimize cross-organizational structures and mechanisms to ensure long-term success.
• Decompose complex processes into simple, straightforward solutions.
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
• Scope, plan, implement and deliver projects and programs, and collaborate with Program Managers and senior leaders to align with strategic vision and goals
• Drive projects cross functionally, build partnerships with other organizations, and work proactively with business teams to ensure security objectives are met
• Integrate information security into organizational development and processes
• Establish metrics and regular reporting mechanisms
• Support deep dive assessments and ad-hoc data analysis requests
• Deliver findings, recommendations and remediation steps for all activities
• Drive, mature, and improve organizational security, risk identification and remediation processes, and risk tracking mechanisms
• Bring innovative ideas, finding better ways of engaging our customers and service owners, and solving problems
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of technical program management experience
• 10+ years of experience managing complex technology projects
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Experience with project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Exceptional analytical skills and experience working with large-scale, complex datasets
• Understanding of UI design principles and best practices
• Experience with object oriented development and design in both client and server development solutions
• Experience with one of the following: mobile application software development, mobile release management, mobile operating systems and app ecosystems, and/or software hardware integration
• Security knowledge on current threats, trends and mitigations
• Skilled in risk management, business risk analysis and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
• Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
• Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.