At Jabil,we empower the brands who empower the world
- it's our reason for being and the guiding force that's driving us to become themost technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet.
Whether we're serving one of the world's biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place. SUMMARY
Responsible for set up, operation and occasional light programming and or editing of computer numeric controlled production equipment. Machine tools will include but not limited to: drill press, lathe, milling machine, CNC and other hand and power machines. Typically requires a minimum 3- 6 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and both verbal and documented instructions accomplish goals. Works under general supervision. Able to make shop calculations using handbook formulas to layout patterns and determine tooling feeds and speeds. May lead and direct the work of others. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Interpret engineering drawings and perform defined manufacturing processes
- Utilize defined tooling and fixturing to ensure process requirements
- Edit programs as required or directed
- Carry out inspection plans
- Setup and operate equipment required to produce parts (vertical and horizontal mills and lathes)
- Maintain equipment and work areas as directed
- Monitor/ inspect product and adjust tooling and equipment to ensure product conformity
- Document manufacturing processes
- Train personnel
- Troubleshoot and correct manufacturing issues that may arise.
- Suggest process improvements and plans for continuous improvement
- Deburr product
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good knowledge of hand measuring and inspection tools
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Interface with engineering and quality personnel to resolve manufacturing issues
- Maintain current with industry standards, equipment and process improvements
- Other tasks as assigned
Minimum 3 years experience as a machinist/ operator. Must have extensive knowledge and ability in interpreting engineering drawings and carrying out defined manufacturing processes. A high level of proficiency with set up and operation of vertical and horizontal turning and milling equipment a must.
Demonstrated skills in tool selection and trouble shooting manufacturing issues, ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written.
Ability to use a variety of mechanical instruments and tools. Proficient with machine setup and design standards for precision parts, manual-machining experience is a plus.
Must be able to understand schematics, component descriptions, symbols and designators.
Must have good manual dexterity and the ability to stand for long periods of time.
Must own tools required to perform basic set up of equipment and inspection of manufactured product. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree from two-year; or 4 to 6 years related machining experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical manuals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write technical documents (process instructions) that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to supervisor, management, and/or board of directors. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as machine programming (SFPM, Feed, IPM) and inspection frequency calculation. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and present valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written or diagram form. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.