The Security Manager II is responsible for continuous enhancement and implementation of the local security program and procedures for classified and proprietary information protection. The Security Manager serves as the site Facility Security Officer (FSO) and lead Contractor Special Security Officer (CPSO) for SNC's Space Systems Group (SSG) Business Area. This position is responsible for developing and administering local security programs and procedures for classified and proprietary materials, documents and equipment in support of SCI, SAP and DoD programs. Works closely with program leadership, IA/ISSM staff, local security team members and peers in adjacent business areas to ensure appropriate security support across multiple business are sites. Coordinates with other local directorates and business area leadership to identify and support business needs. Strong customer service skills are a must.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Facility Security Officer (FSO) for business area HQ site, developing and implementing policy and processes to ensure full compliance with the National Industrial Security Program (NISP)
- Primary and/or alternate CPSO or CSSO on multiple programs/contracts, developing and implementing policy and processes as required to meet both regulatory and customer-driving requirements
- Manage and mentor direct-report security team members, with strong focus on special programs security skill development
- Responsible for implementation and support of facility access procedures
- Maintain records of security clearances for employees and visitors
- Oversee special programs visit and clearance process, as well as, classified document control
- Implement procedures for safeguarding classified material for which the facility is responsible
- Manage classified contract DD254s for the facility
- Assist in the preparation of documentation and manuals outlining organizational processes, and providing the business area with relevant security policy guidance, with emphasis on special programs materials
- Maintain liaison with government program security contacts
- Prepare and submit required security reports to DCSA, other cognizant security activities, and/or other customer officials as required
- Lead facility security inspections and participate in security program self-assessment initiatives, ensuring compliance with security regulations prescribed by multiple USG agencies
- Participate in after-hours alarm response service
- Coordinate classified computing activities with ISSM/ISSO
- Provide security assistance to other SNC locations when requested. Support Security Director with special tasks as assigned
- Participate in the development and implementation of corporate-wide security policies
- Limited domestic travel may be required, to include SNC company facilities and customer organization installations
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Flexible work hours if needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or security fields; relevant field work experience may substitute for required education
- Five (5) years minimum experience in establishing a DoD contractor security program
- current/active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance
- Minimum of 1 year experience in managing Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or Special Access Programs (SAP)
- Extensive knowledge of both government and industrial security to analyze, evaluate and interpret current security requirements
- Counter-intelligence or investigative experience desired
- Must be able to interpret the intent of available guidelines and use considerable judgment in applying them to individual situations.
- Strong communication skills, strong critical thinking and problem solving skills; self-motivated with ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects; ability to work with people in a team environment and deal effectively with changing project priorities.
- Very strong customer service skills a priority. The Louisville, CO CPSO coordinates with leadership and customers that span multiple business areas. Must be able to comfortably and successfully interact with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage time, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems and provide focused solutions
- High degree of attention to detail
This position requires current/active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
Posting ID: 584168886Posted: 2020-11-22