Aerotek is currently hiring on behalf of a large manufacturing company in Syracuse, NY for a qualified and experienced Forklift Operator to assist in production and keeping up with demand!
Description: The primary function of this position is to be driving forklifts to grab raw materials in large totes to mix in tanks and produce adhesives. Once completed, you will refill finish product into totes and stage for shipping.
- Follow all instructions from work order
- Use forklift to grab raw materials from production floor which are stored in large totes
- Could be grabbing pallets stacked 2 or 3 totes high
- Use RF scan gun to track the materials being grabbed from floor
- Use large industrial scale to weigh proper amount of raw material
- Connect large hose to tote which will flow into large mixing tank
- Use RF scan gun to track the tank the materials are being mixed in
- Once product has been mixed, use large hose to empty materials from tank and into new totes
- Use RF scan gun to track tote that finished product has been moved into
- Bring tote to warehouse to be staged for outbound shipment
- All info from RF scan gun will be loaded into their SAP system for tracking purposes, will need to fill out daily activities
- Clean driving record
- 1+ year driving forklift
- 1+ year working in manufacturing
- General math skills
- General computer experience
- Completed High School Diploma or GED
- Day & Night shifts available:
- Day shift - Monday-Thursday 5:00am - 3:30pm
- Night shift - Monday-Thursday 3:00pm - 1:30am
- Overtime available on Fridays as needed!
- Competitive starting pay based on experience: $15-$16/hr!
If you or someone you know is qualified and interested, please contact James Rodgers, or click 'Apply Now'!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Posting ID: 609218070Posted: 2021-03-09