With over 40 years of experience, AA Asphalting has become the largest Asphalt and Concrete Restoration Company in the Pacific Northwest. Our customers include Public Utilities, General Contractors, Government Agencies, Private Businesses and individual Homeowners. We have multiple locations including Sumner, Tacoma, North Seattle, South Seattle, SeaTac, Maltby, Issaquah, Centralia and Vancouver. As we continue to grow, we are searching for motivated and dedicated individuals to join our Tacoma team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Loads and unloads construction supplies to and from flatbeds both manually and with the use of equipment.
- Prepares construction site as needed, including setting up jobsite with signs, cones, and materials; breaks down construction site at end of job.
- Prepares patches to required depth. Hand digs for locates and operates jackhammer when necessary.
- Operates a variety of equipment including: hand and power tools, roller, backhoe, etc.
- Performs flagging duties as needed.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations and practices preventive safety measures; wears required PPE.
Duties specific to asphalt:
- Measures and lines out area for paving jobs.
- Uses rakes, lutes, and shovels to dump, shovel, and level asphalt on jobsites and from the paver.
- Rakes, sweeps, rolls, inspects asphalt and repeats.
- Sweeps and cleans the area in front of the paver.
- Assists the screed operator with operating the paver as necessary.
- Seals patches as needed.
Duties specific to concrete:
- Prepares work site for concrete pour, using shovels and other hand tools. Backfills area with sub-grade materials and compacts to level the work area.
- Sets concrete forms, ensuring they have the correct depth and pitch with help of lead/foreman.
- Ensures the cement mixture is safely handled, properly poured, and finished free of cracks and imperfections with help of lead/foreman.
- Smooths and finishes freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools with help of lead/foreman.
- Removes and cleans forms, boards, and stakes once job is complete; cleans tools and ensures debris is removed from work site.
- Cleans and maintain tools, trucks and equipment.
Why Choose AA Asphalting!
- Full Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K Profit Sharing option
- Discounted YMCA membership
- Year Round Employment
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + Holiday pay
- CDL Class A Training program**
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Career growth opportunities
- Family & Holiday company sponsored events
If this sounds like the position you are looking for, contact us today with your online application. We look forward to meeting you!
Pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check required.AA Asphalting is an Equal Opportunity EmployerJob Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 593325654Posted: 2021-01-22