Come join a company that has continued to grow even during a pandemic! We offer competitive pay and world class benefits that include matching 401k, health, dental and vision along with tuition reimbursement! We take pride in putting our employees first and helping you grow in your career!
What you'll bring:
You are a self-driven, mechanically inclined, and not afraid to work with your hands or back down from a challenge. You want a company that will give you an opportunity to grow that offers a family environment. We offer the opportunity to grow personally and within your career.
As a Plant Operator, you will work as part of a team to ensure the overall operation of the terminal including basic functions such as receipt and shipment of products, manufacturing of products, inspection and record keeping requirements, and the maintenance of the equipment in the facility. Additionally, you will be testing products to ensure compliance with both specifications and internal QC. Safety of our employees is of the highest priority. Employees will be required to participate in multiple facility safety programs and engage in the employee owned safety culture of the facility.
- Receiving and shipment of raw materials, asphalt, and emulsion products
- Manufacturing of asphalt products
- Able to conduct dispatching duties and maintain relations with vendors
- CM Loading (Multi-grade)
- MC Loading
- Assist in loading and unloading hot asphalt for trucks, and unloading rail cars
- Maintain and update plant operations inspections and recordkeeping documents
- Assist in operating and adjusting plant pumps, valves, motors, feeders, and other equipment to maintain appropriate plant operations
- Perform general plant facility maintenance such as cleaning, painting and repairing plant facilities; perform various grounds maintenance duties
- Perform rail car prep for incoming and outgoing shipment of materials
- Follow and assist to ensure that all safety policies are followed and implemented
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends
- Diagnose operating problems and take effective courses of action
- Perform routine to difficult maintenance, repairs and installations to plant equipment such as pumps and valves
- Perform heavy manual labor
- Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
Who We Are:
The core strength of our business is the formulation, manufacturing, and R&D of asphalt binders and emulsions. Founded in 1956, Our Asphalt Companies continually supply high quality products and services allowing us to excel in pavement preservation techniques and construction services. We play critical roles in assisting federal, state, local & private authorities in building economical and reliable pavements, while maintaining safety and environmental stewardship to the highest standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous production/maintenance experience in the refined products terminal or production facilities and/or oil or gas industry (Mechanical/Industrial trade school will be considered work experience) preferred
- Basic mechanical and/or electrical knowledge
- Proficient computer skills
- A valid driver's license
- Willingness to work shift work as necessary, and to be on call for after-hours support during seasonal workload increases.
- Willingness to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. - hard hat, safety glasses, safety work boots, as required)
- Negotiate in, on, and around piping at both grade level and above grade level elevations
- Navigate vertical ladders and spiral tank stairs to reach work areas
- Tolerate scents common to fuels and asphalts loading operations, as well as those of construction and maintenance related activities such as welding, painting, and tank cleaning
- Safely lift at least 50 lbs.
- Will be required to successfully pass a physical and drug test
Posting ID: 609537575Posted: 2021-03-03