The goal of the Markets and Securities Services Risk & Control function is to help establish and maintain a robust control environment and culture across Citi Markets businesses worldwide. Developing a proactive control approach assists management in achieving strategic objectives, promotes efficiency, reduces the risk of loss, and helps ensure compliance with corporate policies, procedures, laws, and regulations. In addition, properly functioning internal controls enable management to deal with today's rapidly changing environment and prepare for future growth.
The MSS Risk & Control Financial Crimes team supports a sales and trading environment and is looking for a highly energized, dynamic professional who is ready to join a fast-paced, world leader in the financial services industry. The successful candidate will oversee the development of AML detective controls within Markets and Securities Services. Responsibilities will include design, evaluation, implementation and ongoing tuning of monitoring controls targeting specific risks identified through ongoing risk assessments. The role may also include ad hoc reviews of transaction data to evaluate risks and emerging trends
The incumbent will work across a broad range of stakeholders including Sales and Trading, Business Management, Operations, Legal, Compliance and Technology, to ensure appropriate controls are in place and implementation of key policies is consistent with Citi standards.
- Design preventative and detective control enhancements within the first line to address emerging AML risks
- Review existing controls for effectiveness and conduct periodic tuning as needed
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to identify and manage AML risks across the Markets and Securities Services platform.
- Coordinate multiple control initiatives on behalf of the business: designing solutions, developing plans, aligning resources, driving execution and providing oversight across Markets and Securities Services program.
- Partner with a broad range of constituents across the organization to deliver proactive value added solutions with a focus on continuous improvement of first line controls and processes.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior management on new project proposals, recent developments, emerging risks and provide updates on key deliverables.
- Liaise with AML, Independent Compliance Risk Management, Compliance Assurance and Internal Audit to facilitate consistent coverage across Markets businesses, as well as appropriate resolution of any issues identified.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, or computer science (other fields to be considered as well). Advanced degree (Masters/JD) preferred.
- Experience in designing and implementing detective controls within financial services
- Demonstrated ability to conduct data analysis including working with large data sets
- At least 7 years of securities/banking industry experience. Knowledge of institutional sales/trading preferred.
- Working knowledge of AML typologies, risks and regulations specific to the institutional markets business
- Proven track record in designing, developing and implementing multi-faceted projects
- Knowledge of Citi Markets businesses, risk and control assessment, technology, and/or audit processes highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong desktop/PC skills, including strong knowledge of MS suite of applications, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Capable of juggling multiple tasks, re-calibrating as priorities change; deadline and quality driven.
- Attention to detail with strong focus on accuracy of information.
- Must be able to work in a team environment; listens and works well with others; delivery-focused and open to different ideas/viewpoints.
- Self-directed; passion for excellence; able to work under pressure and effectively in a complex environment.
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.
Posting ID: 566853774Posted: 2020-08-05