POSITION OVERVIEW OF THE WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE ROLE
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
· Completes tasks such as loading and unloading containers, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, and transportation of goods.
· Loads and unloads materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles.
· Stacks or piles materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets.
· Condenses bins and make/keeps slabs visible.
· Builds bundles for trucks and loads them as they come back in preparation for the next day’s deliveries.
· Cuts slabs as needed.
· Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
· Verify computations against physical count of stock.
· Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
· Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
· Receives and fills orders of materials, and products for fabricators (installers) and subcontractors.
· May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
REQUIREMENTS/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Communication Skills – Verbal Communication, Listening
· Critical Thinking – Adaptable, Flexible, Problem Solving, Desire to Learn
· Positive Attitude – Cooperation, Courteous, Friendly, Honest, Respectful
· Teamwork – Collaborative, Team Player, Accept Feedback, Customer Service
· Work Ethic – Multi-tasking, Organization, Time management & Efficiency
WORK ENVIROMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Requires occasional lifting up to 20 pounds, and frequent lifting up to 50 pounds.
· Requires continuous standing, walking, and occasional climbing or balancing.
· Requires occasional reaching with hands and arms
· Requires frequent pushing/pulling, bending and stooping.
· Requires occasional sitting.
· Requires frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions.