Position/Title: Service Dispatcher
Department: Service Administration
FLSA Status: Full-Time (Hourly)
Reports to: Service Manager or Branch Manager
The service dispatcher in the branch acts as a communication point for emergency and non-emergency calls that come into the branch. The dispatcher will receive requests, transmit messages, and track vehicles. This person must be primarily an excellent communicator and able to remain calm and composed, especially in critical situations. They must be able to multi-task as well as take the appropriate action with little supervision. The goal is to enable different parties to communicate well by ensuring the accurate and timely transmission of information.
Essential Job Functions:
• Receive emergency and non-emergency calls and record significant information
• Address problems and requests by transmitting information or providing solutions
• Receive and dispatch calls for service needs
• Prioritize calls according to urgency and importance
• Use radio, phone or computer to send technicians, vehicles or other field units to appropriate locations
• Monitor the route and status of field units to coordinate and prioritize their schedule
• Provide field units with information about orders, traffic, obstacles and requirements
• Enter data in computer system and maintain logs and records of calls, activities and other information
• Presence in the office on a consistent basis, 40 hours per week
• Proven experience as dispatcher or relevant position (2 years preferred)
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Tech-savvy with knowledge of relevant methods (CAD)
• Fast typing with experience in data entry
• Knowledge of procedures and guideline for emergency situations
• Proficient in English (oral and written)
• Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
• Active listener with excellent communication skills
• Sound judgement and critical thinking
This job operates in a professional office or branch environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position performs much of its work on the telephone (landline and cellular).
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position.
No travel is expected for this position.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, it is Guardian Fueling Technologies' policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Guardian Fueling Technologies does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, pregnancy, color, religion, age, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
GFT is a Drug Free Workplace.