Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for routine testing of biological specimens. This position also provides skilled technical support in the laboratory. Works with other team members to ensure timely, quality, test results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains accurate records and documentation. Ensures maintenance of donor, patient and employee confidentiality.
- Performs preparation and prequalification of reagents and routine testing of biological samples.
- Performs preventive maintenance and quality control on equipment, identifies equipment malfunctions, performs trouble shooting and basic repairs, and notifies appropriate personnel as needed.
- Performs evaluations of reagents, equipment, and new testing methods, as directed.
- Performs equipment calibration.
- Assists with monitoring supply and reagent levels and takes appropriate action when new supplies are needed.
- Maintains the cleanliness of equipment and work areas. Adheres to safety guidelines.
- Assists with performing required competency assessments and completing documentation.
- Assists with or participates on process improvement teams.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must satisfy CLIA requirements for High Complexity Testing required.
- California testing requirements must be met within one year required.
Immunohematology ReferenceLaboratory (IRL)
- Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Blood Banking Technologist (BB) by a recognized certifying agency required.
Immunohematology Reference Laboratory (IRL)
- Three years clinical laboratory testing experience required.
- One year of transfusion service experience required.
- One year IRL experience preferred.
Six years laboratory experience for New York testing required.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have analytical, statistical, personal organization, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to organize, prioritize, and execute a variable workload and multiple priorities.
Posting ID: 570186798Posted: 2020-09-21