ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer
The Branch Logistics Supervisor performs, plans, and coordinates the daily activity of all Logistics personnel and functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the Logistics department for the branch to optimize timely and accurate delivery of products
- Promotes staff compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, where applicable, including but not limited to: providing documents for the driver qualification file and abiding by hours of service, daily log, and hazardous materials (placarding, training and shipping papers)
- Promotes vehicle safety including daily vehicle inspections, reports, and routine maintenance
- Manages daily and on-call Delivery employee schedules.
- Completes daily route preparation
- Assigns additional routes as patient and referral requests are received. May occasionally perform Delivery responsibilities when needed
- May work with Corporate Purchasing on the ordering of special equipment and new products
- Solves problems involving Delivery staff shortages, route changes, and loading equipment
- Monitors and/or maintains close contact with Delivery staff throughout day to troubleshoot problems and facilitate the completion of routes in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage the proper and efficient loading of trucks and assist with loading trucks when necessary.
- Assists with special orders and equipment
- Maintains daily vehicle maintenance logs and incident reports
- Maintains proper levels of stock in warehouse to ensure maximum profitability
- Performs minor equipment repair and maintenance, as required, and maintains equipment documentation
- Responds to inquiries from patients, referral sources, vendors and Delivery staff regarding equipment orders, patient problems and delivery-related incidents
- Perform on-call duties, as needed
- Manage multiple branch locations, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Typically supervises a team of primarily nonexempt employees
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, and performance management of subordinate staff
- Ensures that all direct reports and their subordinates are maintaining acceptable performance levels
- Conducts Staff meetings regularly to review new business requirements
MINIMUM PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Successful completion of Company background check, including demonstration of a safe driving record
- Previous interaction with the general public in service management industry
- Experience with FDA/DOT/Commercial Drivers
- Home Healthcare industry experience
- Inventory management experience
- Two years of related supervisory experience
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- May be required to hold a valid CDL with Hazardous Materials endorsement
- May be required to satisfy DOT requirements for operating a commercial motor vehicle
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Customer/Patient-Focused: You start with the customer/patient and work backwards. You invest the time and energy to understand the customer's/patients' objectives, then tie all your activities directly to the achievement of those objectives.
- Action-Oriented: You thrive as a self-starter who proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities and requires minimal supervision.
- Collaborative: You love teamwork. Your colleagues love having you on the team. You work well across functions and groups.
- An Effective Communicator: You write and speak clearly, concisely and with a spirit of partnership. You actively inform and inspire with your messaging. You speak plainly and are transparent with your business colleagues.
- Energetic & Passionate: Your passion and energy for health and well-being is deeply founded in your desire to help others and to be a positive role model.
- Relationship Builder: You excel in getting people involved and building a network of contacts that allow you to multiply your influence on the organization.
- Knowledge of warehousing and inventory management
- Knowledge of DOT, FDA, and OSHA regulations
- Inventory management software
- Routing software
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic problem solving (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication)
- Frequent lifting/carrying 10 - 160 lbs
- Frequent pushing/pulling 20 lbs - 60 lbs
- Frequent sitting/standing/bending/stooping/squatting/kneeling/rotating/twisting
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, night (low to limited light) vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual's position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet