Kelly Science and Clinical is currently seeking candidates for a Chemical Lab Technician at chemical manufacturing company located in Killeen, TX.
Overall responsibilities of the position will include reviewing and updating the lab quality control processes, reviewing and analyzing the results of tests to improve quality level, and working with internal and external customers and vendors to resolve problems. The selected individuals will work as part of a team to bring on a new production line and will play a key role in maintaining that production line after the initial project is complete.
- Reviews laboratory testing methodology and recommends improvements.
- Oversees the implementation and administration of quality programs within a lab environment; operates under general supervision and receives direction on topics and issues.
- Recommends programs to ensure quality products and services, such as laboratory or manufacturing operational procedures, working with functional groups to implement quality initiatives or changes, and ensuring overall efficiency.
- Works with suppliers, customers or internal departments to review material or product specifications, resolve product or operational quality problems, and addresses questions and concerns.
- Reviews a variety of reports to examine compliance, audit operations, results of documentation, ensure operational efficiency and quality, and demonstrate compliance with internal and external quality standards.
- Reviews and updates new materials or formulas based on operational and customer problems and suggestions, plant environment, and works with appropriate personnel to approve and implement changes.
- Ensures compliance with department/company policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Coordinates quality matters with other departments and locations, including senior management.
- Research new laboratory instruments and coordinate the installation and incorporation into production.
- Ability to respond quickly and prioritize activities to meet a changing production schedule.
- Responsible for training laboratory technicians on laboratory equipment for analysis and on Quality Systems.
- Work closely with and support other engineers within department to improve operations.
- Proficiency with laboratory software, utilization and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation (i.e. HPLC, ICP, ICP-MS, Micropipettes, Total Organic Carbon Analyzers, Liquid Chromatography, Titrations, UV-Vis, NMR, FTIR)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related science
- Two plus years of experience working in a laboratory within a manufacturing industry is preferred, but fresh BS Chemistry graduates will also be considered
- Oil, pharmaceutical and food industry experience is a plus
This is a temp to hire position with a pay range of $17-19 per hour. The work schedule is a rotating day shift, 6am-6pm, 3 on 4 off, then 4 on 3 off. If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.